Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A keeper will be removed as well

Yeah I think think

1. Trafford
  2. Dunk
  3. Gordon
  4. Eze
  5. Maddison
  6. Jones
  7. Quansah

Don't make it. Not sure I'd agree with it, but that's what I think happens

6 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Yep - Trafford most likely.

3 more to go - another defender definitely (Dunk or Branthwaite I'd guess). Think Gomez gets in as LB cover with Shaw being a fitness risk. I think Konsa goes too tbh. I think he's 4th CB in the pecking order and obviously offers versatility. 

Another midfielder will be cut. I think Bowen is in trouble, must be third choice RW and we have a lot of left-footed players (although not much pace). But possibly Eze or Gordon miss out.

I think he'll take both Watkins and Toney. So it will be another fringe player (Wharton, or one of the other defenders/midfielders I mentioned) - depends on how he wants to balance the squad. 

Agreed.

I think Wharton should go. He'll be a mainstay soon imo, would be disappointed if he was sent home 

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah I think think

1. Trafford
  2. Dunk
  3. Gordon
  4. Eze
  5. Maddison
  6. Jones
  7. Quansah

One of Eze or Gordon will make it. One of Watkins or Toney won't. Thsts what I think will happen. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

My prediction for the 7 to be dropped

Trafford

Dunk 

Quansah 

Jones ✅

Bowen

Maddison ✅

Toney 🤞

Bowen I think will make it because he plays on the right. 

I think Toney makes it in. Ollie obviously deserves to be there too. I think they both go.

I think Ollie gives you something different and a better chance of a goal late in a game. Toney gives you a better chance of scoring a Penalty in a shootout.

Both only really get on the pitch if:

1. something else has gone wrong and we throw Strikers at it,
  2. or Kane is injured.

And if Kane gets injured, you probably want both there or you may wind up with Bowen up front or Palmer/Foden as False 9 as the only strike options.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I think Toney makes it in. Ollie obviously deserves to be there too. I think they both go.

I think Ollie gives you something different and a better chance of a goal late in a game. Toney gives you a better chance of scoring a Penalty in a shootout.

Both only really get on the pitch if:

1. something else has gone wrong and we throw Strikers at it,
  2. or Kane is injured.

And if Kane gets injured, you probably want both there or you may wind up with Bowen up front or Palmer/Foden as False 9 as the only strike options.

Which also probably means, if one of Ollie/Toney don't go, Bowen has to be there as RW cover for Saka and emergency ST cover for Kane

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

My prediction for the 7 to be dropped

Trafford

Dunk 

Quansah 

Jones ✅

Bowen

Maddison ✅

Toney 🤞

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah I think think

1. Trafford
  2. Dunk
  3. Gordon
  4. Eze
  5. Maddison
  6. Jones
  7. Quansah

My 7 (a mix of these two lists):

Trafford

Dunk

Gordon

Bowen

Maddison

Jones

Quansah

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Which also probably means, if one of Ollie/Toney don't go, Bowen has to be there as RW cover for Saka and emergency ST cover for Kane

I think Bellingham would play there (like he has does for Madrid) and then Palmer in behind, before he starts Bowen up front (as third striker option).

He should allow Branthwaite to go and train with the team for the experience despite not being in the official squad.

i recall both Gareth Barry and Gerrard when they were young tagged along to one tournament to benefit from the experience 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He should allow Branthwaite to go and train with the team for the experience despite not being in the official squad.

i recall both Gareth Barry and Gerrard when they were young tagged along to one tournament to benefit from the experience 

seems a bit weird that he's cutting people 2 days before the deadline, let branthwaite get another 20 mins friday night, both for the experience and for avoiding the risk of a first choice CB snapping his achilles in the 88th minute of a meaningless friendly

but then thats southgate for you

• Like 2

He'll have shedding hot tears at leaving Maguire out. He's so devoted to him he probably lets him a go on his wife when he feels like it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

seems a bit weird that he's cutting people 2 days before the deadline, let branthwaite get another 20 mins friday night, both for the experience and for avoiding the risk of a first choice CB snapping his achilles in the 88th minute of a meaningless friendly

but then thats southgate for you

No point testing players thay aren't on the plane.

Too late for that. Now is the time to get the team ready for the tournament.

I dislike Southgate, but it's the right call.