Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

31 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Right, I'm calling it.... They're be a soft 2nd half pen around 65mins. England will score. There will also be a scrappy tap in around 89 mins too.

Very unconvincing 2-0 win.

Not bad. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Right, I'm calling it.... They're be a soft 2nd half pen around 65mins. England will score. There will also be a scrappy tap in around 89 mins too.

lol…

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Konsa done himself no harm. Ollie might have an anxious wait.

Honestly don’t know if he can deliver in Southgate’s anti-football system. Even Kane ends up dropping in to midfield to get touches on the ball. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, he's not been great.

Don't think Toney or Kane get on the end of either of those chances though.

?

Correct.

Well yes. We also should have won the last two tournaments without much issue.

Not sure he can be blamed much for England (who are always shit) being shit.

I just want Ollie to go to the Euros because he deserves it based on club form.

And as an England fan I hate Toney as a person and he's in awful form.

I do agree that it is difficult playing under Southgate but Toney seemed to take his chance more when he got it. 

Edited by Leeroy

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Konsa done himself no harm. Ollie might have an anxious wait.

I dunno, mad that Kane has come on rather than Toney, hard to see how much of a competition that is between the 2 of them, all that's going to happen is Southgate is going to reaffirm that Kane must play every second during the euros, that's Ollie's biggest issue, not getting on the plane but getting on the pitch afterwards, I can't see it happening 

38 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

close 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Honestly don’t know if he can deliver in Southgate’s anti-football system. Even Kane ends up dropping in to midfield to get touches on the ball. 

And is of on cue, turns the ball over having to run back to get said ball.

Just now, Awol said:

He just doesn't fit, and I'm genuinely not sure I'd take him. The whole 'runs off the shoulder' just isn't how England play, and he's not really able to create his own chances in this system either.

51 minutes ago, supermon said:

How is Southgate still England manager. Three touches lol what the heck

Cocksucker. 

• Haha 1

I think what Ollie did show is that he's comfortably the best pressing forward we have 

I get that with England on the ball Kane is going to play and Toney is a more direct replacement for Kane but in the bigger games when we don't have the ball, when we play France and they have 60% possession, Watkins is a miles better option than Toney 

Can't help but feel the shouts for Toney are based on nights like tonight where it's England that have the lions share of possession and dick about with it but it won't be those games that see us get knocked out 

• Like 1