Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

The fans and the public want to see them try, Southgate’s instincts are like going ultra defensive from the get go. It’s not inspiring. The effort is being channeled into the wrong things. It honestly feels a lot more dour - I’ve seen fewer pubs with flags out this time around. It doesn’t feel like we have a chance. Not in an arrogant way, of course, but we are just there - drifting and waiting for more challenging waters to knock us off course and out of the tournament. 

• Like 1

Flip it another way too

Do you think any fan of any team that's made it though the group would swap places with us right now?

Who do you think the fans of the 3rd place teams will be desperate to play? Everyone will want to play us in the knockouts, we are there for the taking 

I wouldn't mind this boring no idea crap, just to finish top of the group. If I knew, we are now going to play to win. But you just know it'll be exactly the same as the group tactics. 

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the next tournament, when Southgate is inexplicably still in the job, and we manage to top our group after losing all 3 games. Gifted top spot through the  most ironed waistcoat points system or some shit, which will be met with “greatest manager ever”

• Like 1

Oblak getting man of the match, he made two saves all night.

England really have created very little in this tournament, huge concern when there actually is some decent creativity in central areas but same old of knocking balls into channels and hoping to get a quick cross in.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Oblak getting man of the match, he made two saves all night.

England really have created very little in this tournament, huge concern when there actually is some decent creativity in central areas but same old of knocking balls into channels and hoping to get a quick cross in.

I dont remember him doing a single thing bar the Palmer daisy cutter 

2 nil nils in this group shows it’s lack of quality. Awful teams, the fact that England were the best, of the bad bunch means we’ll lose next round. 

My god we were awful!!! 

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont remember him doing a single thing bar the Palmer daisy cutter 

Saved a decent Foden free kick in the first half. Think Kane also had a shot outside the box but that was straight at him. That was it pretty much and been the same in the other games, lack of clear cut chances now England aren't doing much from set pieces.

Was on the BBC rater so probably Southgate logging on and spamming the voting process. 😂

England v Slovenia: Jan Oblak is your player of the match - BBC Sport

Edited by VillaChris

If there's anyone who remains supportive of GS please read the following quote from today's game and ask yourself if you truly believe in him.

"We have made England over the last three or four years fun again. I think it has been enjoyable for the players and we have got to be very, very careful that it stays that way."

• Confused 1

Group C should all be sent home, group of death... To my eyeballs!!!

Like a thousand cuts to my eyeballs....

I hope you lot get knocked out straight away!

Not because I hate you or anything but just because your **** crap....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Absolutely no idea how Kane finished that game. Southgate is an utter clown. 

Watkins may aswell come home now. Kane will play every minute and stay on for pens.

5 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

If there's anyone who remains supportive of GS please read the following quote from today's game and ask yourself if you truly believe in him.

"We have made England over the last three or four years fun again. I think it has been enjoyable for the players and we have got to be very, very careful that it stays that way."

I'm not a supporter of GS style of football at all, but the quote above is taken out of context, in the interview I think he was talking about how the players feel not the fans. I really wish he had meant it the other way, the media would have come down on him like a tonne of bricks.

We have finished top of a really poor group, I'm hoping we've saved our best football for the knock out stages. Fingers, toes, arms, legs all crossed.

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The positions in the table would have been the same even based on disciplinary points (what 2nd v 3rd actually came down to in the end) or overall qualifiers ranking.

karen carney summed it up. we can want what we like, but we won't get it. it's just the way he is. best thing to do is accept that.

It’s almost as if not taking any fit left backs was a bad choice. Mitchell and Doughty sitting at home while Trippier pretends to be a left back 😂