Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

11 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

All I can say is that I have a colonoscopy booked for Sunday evening and I bet the pictures on that screen will be more exciting.

Even your bowl prep squirts on Saturday will be much more fun! :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

"much improved with the ball"

AHH, that's good then, we can play against a team who don't want to touch the ball and have more possession than them.

Great stuff, thanks Gaz-lar.

I'd rather have to sniff a bucket of slightly out of date prolapsed sheep assholes than listen to that diary button of a human.

**** OFF AND TAKE YOUR HEAVY BLINKING WITH YOU.

The legendary lost Fiona Apple album 

Also: WTF is a diary button? 

28 minutes ago, djdabush said:

What did he create? Perhaps I was so bored that I got distracted and missed all these gilt-edged chances he created.

Did I say he created gilt-edged chances? He didn't, clearly. But he made two penetrative passes into feet in dangerous areas, taking opposition players out. That's not been happening from other players. There's been nowhere near enough quality passes through lines into feet. That's creativity.

But I could have told you before tonight that Palmer is our most creative player. Just watch him.

4 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

What the **** is this Mainoo loving all of a sudden - sorry, what did he actually do? just not being Gallagher or TAA seems to get you far with these pundits at ITV.

He's young, English, has decent touch and can pass, and most importantly, plays for Manchester United.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

First time England have made it pass the group stages in 4 major tournaments in a row.

I mean it gets easier every tournament. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

First time England have made it pass the group stages in 4 major tournaments in a row.

Add it to his Wikipedia page!

The guys incredible if you read about him rather than watch him 

I don’t understand how the tactics to get the best out of this squad are as clear as day but Southgate keeps **** about.

It’s also too late for him to be dropping/chopping and changing Kane, Saka, Jude and Foden for a knockout game. All will start and all will either see the game out or atleast 75 mins. He will see it as the others have not proven them selves enough to challenge them. 

Posted (edited)

As always, I just feel like England are better than its peevish, myopic fans. We're the Manchester United of national team fan bases -- top of their group and still can't stop bleating about being "bored." Jesus. Maybe we should just lose a few. You know how many other countries' fans would give their national treasures to be so delightfully, winningly bored and headed to the knockouts? Go ask Croatia. Go ask Poland. Go ask Scotland.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I guess the arguments of which players should or shouldn’t have been in the squad were pretty pointless. You could have picked 26 Sunday league players and wouldn’t play any worse.

No speed in the build ups, awfully slow transitions, and no commitment to get forward. Every time we cross the half way line Rice drops in to split the CBs to stop the counter and the fullbacks stop dead. Awful.

Get rid of Trippier for anyone with a left foot. If they drop Saka for Palmer you might as well drop Kane as nobody else runs past him.

If we get the Dutch I can see Southgate dropping Foden and having 3 defensive mids, Rice, Mainoo, and Gallagher.

2/10 wnb

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

As always, I just feel like England are better than its peevish, myopic fans. We're the Manchester United of national team fan bases -- top of their group and still can't stop bleating about being "bored." Jesus. Maybe we should just lose a few. You know how many other countries' fans would give their national treasures to be so delightfully, winningly bored and headed to the knockouts? Go ask Croatia. Go ask Poland. Go ask Scotland.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's entitlement. Everyone can see where our strengths are; it's going forward. People just want us to play to our strengths. It's not just based on the last 3 games either. It's been going on for a decade and cost us the last Euro final.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Man United used to, and still occasionally win things

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The population of those three countries combined is less than England. I don't follow the national team and agree that England supporters can be pretty shite, but 2 goals in 3 games to limp through about the easiest group possible, with a squad packed full of attacking talent is utterly pitiful. I can see why people are angry

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Like 2

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's entitlement. Everyone can see where our strengths are; it's going forward. People just want us to play to our strengths. It's not just based on the last 3 games either. It's been going on for a decade and cost us the last Euro final.

It's not entitlement 

Said earlier no one here is banging the drum saying England are full of world class players and we should be pissing this tournament and Southgate out because we're not going to win

We're just saying this England squad clearly has a strength in attack, we have some of the best goalscorers in Europe but at the same time we have a terrible manager who is scared to let them play football

It's depressing as **** 

I'd seriously rather we have it goz went all out attack and lost 4-2 than this shit

And I can you tell you now Croatia, Scotland, Poland at least their fans can say they have it a go, we cant, we've stunk the tournament out, and I can tell you for a fact living abroad working for an Irish company it's not just English fans that can see Southgate for what he is, people are genuinely shocked here at how bad we are