Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Jesus Stones thinks it's improved too

There was zero sincerity in that interview, clear they’ve been instructed to maintain a positive image.

Given Pickfords frustrations, Southgate’s lack of engagement with the players after the game and the defensive statements coming out from players I think it’s becoming clear the camp isn’t happy. 

All I can say is that I have a colonoscopy booked for Sunday evening and I bet the pictures on that screen will be more exciting.

• Haha 2

Sick of him. Some of these players gonna be cooked after a long season. Any manager with a brain would have rested a good few of those who have played majority of minutes so far and sub them on if needed. So you assume the bit part/no part players will start Sunday right? Course they won't. Might see one new face at best. Then we'll struggle through another match.

Just now, Sid4ever said:

All I can say is that I have a colonoscopy booked for Sunday evening and I bet the pictures on that screen will be more exciting.

Lucky  bastard, can we all come and watch?

• Haha 3

Clearly they're all conserving energy for the group stages.

What a load of crap. I'm away in Devon this weekend, boat trip booked for Sunday night, not a massive England fan at the best of times but glad to miss this apathetic rubbish. 

It reminds me of the latter seasons of the walking dead.

I don’t want to watch anymore, it’s boring, but I’m too invested. It’s going to miserable but I can’t not watch it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

I hope they're not and there's nothing to see :)

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Sick of him. Some of these players gonna be cooked after a long season. Any manager with a brain would have rested a good few of those who have played majority of minutes so far and sub them on if needed. So you assume the bit part/no part players will start Sunday right? Course they won't. Might see one new face at best. Then we'll struggle through another match.

Spain have played every player in their squad

4 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Recency bias

Doesn't that just mean form. 

I'm not picking players on form just because of decency bias.

Btw I know you were only joking.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s alright, but take those 10/12 pens away and nobody is anywhere near as excited about seeing him play.

You could see him saying "bags first pen" when he came on. 

Needs to drop Bellingham, Foden, Kane, Gallagher and Saka from tonight’s team. They looked knackered, gets some fresh legs in and give the Dutch the runaround. 

Southgate doesn't the ambition nor skill nor vision to gamble and win. He tried and failed. He'd rather fail and blame other factors this time around. No accountability.