Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Ollie getting praised for his performance and people asking for him to start

Southgate will he have the bottle

Kane being captain is a big part of Englands problems. Him and Gareth are the 2 least inspiring people on the planet.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well some are saying play together and move Bellingham back

I said before England would win Euros if Ollie started and Kane waa dropped and stikk stand by ut

Ah right Kane as withdrawn/support striker. Yeah I think Kane is starting to inch past his best but he can still be a regular into his mid 30s like Sheringham was given the lack of pace.

When did England last play two out and out strikers from the start of a match, a decade ago?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah right Kane as withdrawn/support striker. Yeah I think Kane is starting to inch past his best but he can still be a regular into his mid 30s like Sheringham was given the lack of pace.

When did England last play two out and out strikers from the start of a match, a decade ago?

That's where I am too

You look at kane for spurs or kane for Bayern and they accommodate him dropping deep because they had son running past him or Bayern now send a few past him

England don't, Saka and foden are still playing off him rather than ahead of him, makes no sense 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I am too

You look at kane for spurs or kane for Bayern and they accommodate him dropping deep because they had son running past him or Bayern now send a few past him

England don't, Saka and foden are still playing off him rather than ahead of him, makes no sense 

Could only work with Gordon on the left but I have the feeling he's the sort who'd just constantly run up blind alleys and give away needless fouls.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I see Southgate is setting the excuse stall out.(we're not fit enough to press) . Obviously, getting ready for the inevitable. 

If we're not fit enough to press why is he not using the squad better? Why name the same front 3 two games running? Why name a clearly not fully fit kane? Why call up players like Shaw who haven't played in 2 months?

He's an absolute changer 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I see Southgate is setting the excuse stall out.(we're not fit enough to press) . Obviously, getting ready for the inevitable. 

That’s despite nearly every player playing the press for their clubs all season?!?

the man is totally deluded and cannot accept his anti-tactics are the main reason for us under performing on the pitch for the last few years. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If we're not fit enough to press why is he not using the squad better

Because he had to leave Hendo and Phillips at home 😂

I am sure they would have changed the dynamics of the squad.......

The way we play it doesn't help when your striker is deep in the opposition half and hasn't got pace, so when we break it fizzles out.

Everyone except Southgate can see the problems but the bloke is too stubborn to change it.

I honestly would not be surprised if he starts the next game with the same players as the 1st 2 games. 

Even the media were saying it's gonna be different this tournament. The feeling was he was just gonna go for it, cause he's left Maguire and Hendo at home., an took Eze, Gordon, Toney and Watkins.

What a joker 😂

Play Kane behind Watkins - drop Bellingham back alongside Rice. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Kane is too slow, and generally out of position to press.

Then he has Watkins who is as fit as a butchers dog on the bench.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I am too

It’s the reason rashford and sterling played so many games. We don’t have them but don’t change tactic. 

3 hours ago, calcifer said:

Because he had to leave Hendo and Phillips at home 😂

I am sure they would have changed the dynamics of the squad.......

The way we play it doesn't help when your striker is deep in the opposition half and hasn't got pace, so when we break it fizzles out.

Everyone except Southgate can see the problems but the bloke is too stubborn to change it.

I honestly would not be surprised if he starts the next game with the same players as the 1st 2 games. 

in fairness to Southgate he makes it sound like England are missing Xavi and Iniesta :D 

England confirmed to have progressed to the next stage without playing. Worst case they will be a best third place team.

Gareth is the luckiest man on earth.