Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

We aren't going to win the tournament so I hope we lose or draw the next game and go out. He can then get sacked and we can put this pile of crap to bed. 

Neville had it right on ITV after the game. We can all see where this is heading. The only question is whether it’ll even take a genuinely good team to knock us out or whether this is Iceland all over again.

I didn’t watch any of this or any media interviews. 
Is someone just taking the piss or did Bignose really mention the lack of Kalvin **** Phillips?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just saw the clip this morning. 

He said “It’s an experiment, we don’t have a natural replacement for Kalvin Philips and we’re trying some different things”

Just a few words but completely unacceptable. Why is he experimenting and trying things AT THE TOURNAMENT? That’s what the last 2 years are for. Is he suggesting that Kalvin Philips not being selected has somehow derailed the team and he’s under pressure to try and find a new balance to it?

He’s complete lost the plot.

Indeed, if he ever had a plot to begin with.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Cheers mate 👍🏼

You're well fit lol xxx

Well done for stating the obvious Columbo

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He said “It’s an experiment, we don’t have a natural replacement for Kalvin Philips and we’re trying some different things”

Just a few words but completely unacceptable. Why is he experimenting and trying things AT THE TOURNAMENT? That’s what the last 2 years are for. Is he suggesting that Kalvin Philips not being selected has somehow derailed the team and he’s under pressure to try and find a new balance to it?

the other thing being that phillips had injury problems before the WC, we started henderson in every game i think and the midfield was weak then, so he knew phillips was unreliable, he would also have known that henderson is old, so he's had 18 months to prepare for this and his answer to it was throw mainoo in vs brazil (? in which he did well tbf to him) play a RB at CM or wharton who has 10 mins under his belt, the u21s won the euros last summer, 7 midfielders played in the final, guess how many full caps they have between them since? 

experimenting here is absolutely no excuse, his midfield is failing because he's too stubborn to not be able to play phillips and henderson...**** me what a place to be

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the other thing being that phillips had injury problems before the WC, we started henderson in every game i think and the midfield was weak then, so he knew phillips was unreliable, he would also have known that henderson is old, so he's had 18 months to prepare for this and his answer to it was throw mainoo in vs brazil (? in which he did well tbf to him) play a RB at CM or wharton who has 10 mins under his belt, the u21s won the euros last summer, 7 midfielders played in the final, guess how many full caps they have between them since? 

experimenting here is absolutely no excuse, his midfield is failing because he's too stubborn to not be able to play phillips and henderson...**** me what a place to be

I’d be livid if I was his boss at the FA, to be 2 games into the tournament and talking about having to try new things and experiment. Madness. 

It’s an embarrassment of riches on and off the field as England manager. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d be livid if I was his boss at the FA, to be 2 games into the tournament and talking about having to try new things and experiment. Madness. 

It’s an embarrassment of riches on and off the field as England manager. 

Sad thing is they want him to continue, they have probably enjoyed not having to worry about finding a a replacement for a while, it’s easier to keep Southgate in then find someone new.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Sad thing is they want him to continue, they have probably enjoyed not having to worry about finding a a replacement for a while, it’s easier to keep Southgate in then find someone new.

There will be a split I’m sure. Those that genuinely want to celebrate winning. Every other England age group plus the women’s team has been successful.

Then those that just want an easy life.

11 hours ago, tinker said:

Bellingham has played as a dm, number 6. He can.dictate play from there better than anyone else and Foden can play the number 10 role and do it well. 

It just feels like moving players out of their best position to accommodate others though.

Rice isn't a true DM, he's an 8. So play him there. Bellingham works well as a 10, so play him there. Foden is a wide attacker, so play him there.

He needs to have the balls to play Mainoo or Wharton alongside Rice so Rice can play like he does at Arsenal and support Bellingham.

Either play a left footed fullback behind Foden so he's effective or have the balls to drop him and give Gordon a go. Or drop Saka and play Foden on the right where he's excelled for Man City

I was in Frankfurt yesterday, an noticed most of the 100+ people in the bar we were in, were just chatting between themselves not not actually focusing watching the game, speaks volumes really. No ones interested in Southgate ball, its just, literally terrible and predictable.

So sad for people who were actually in the stadium watching that shite.

It's not harsh to say, I don't think he really has a clue as a manager/coach. I mean yeah, he got us to a final beating the worst teams in tournament and a poor Germany team, but what has he really showed us in 8 years, where's the exciting football we all crave from these 100 million pound footballers, the change in tactics, the subs that work??

3 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We aren't going to win the tournament so I hope we lose or draw the next game and go out. He can then get sacked and we can put this pile of crap to bed. 

We're practically through

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I was in Frankfurt yesterday, a noticed most of the 100+ people in the bar we were in, were just chatting between themselves not not actually focusing watching the game, speaks volumes really. No ones interested in Southgate ball, it’s just, literally terrible and predictable.

This bar? 😂 the entertainment was better than the England game…

• Like 1

Third tournament runing we've had an extremely uninspiring draw in our second group game.

We'll pick up a bit but undoutedly lose to the first good team we come up against.

4-4-2 next please Gareth. Show some balls and change things up.

-----------------------Pickford-----------------------

Walker---Stones----------Guehi------Tripps

Trent-------Rice-----Bellingham--Anthony

-------------------Kane---------------------------------

--------------------------------Watkins---------------

Kane loves dropping deep - let him and still have Ollie up top to keep the CBS occupied. Use the pace out wide and run at the full backs. Whip some crosses in with Kane and Ollie in the box.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

The reason we are experimenting now, in a major tournament is because unlike every single England fan, he decided to persist with Jordon Henderson against the likes of Malta (the exact time you should be experimenting). Every single other human being on earth could see Henderson was past it, but he stubbornly stood by him. 

Now we literally have no one else, because previously no one else was given a chance.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

The reason we are experimenting now, in a major tournament is because unlike every single England fan, he decided to persist with Jordon Henderson against the likes of Malta (the exact time you should be experimenting). Every single other human being on earth could see Henderson was past it, but he stubbornly stood by him. 

Now we literally have no one else, because previously no one else was given a chance.

Classic Gareth wanting to go against the grain over and over again.

When the media were questioning Henderson’s inclusion he doubles down.

When the media questioned why Grealish was not selected when at Villa he doubled down.

Palmer the latest player who vast majority would be giving a chance to. I’m expecting him to stay on the bench for that reason.

• Like 1