Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

His answer about Phillips actually came from a question about TAA, IIRC. He said something about how he’s doing well, we have no natural Phillips replacement, we’re trying things. Just waffle. The gutless twa.t

Trying things would be mainoo or Wharton, it's not playing a **** a RB in CM despite never playing for his club there

I really thought we'd play mainoo 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Have we got a song for this Euros?

Any suggestions?

The Fears of a Clown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Obviously made after the last game but fits perfect for tonight. 

We said about 80% of those things during todays games.

My First England tournament was Spain 82 and apart from Italy 90 and Euro 96 it has always been the same. I have come to the conclusion that the journalists and pundits who big up our players are full of shite. They just are not as good as we think they are.

• Like 1

The PP ad nailed the other obvious thing we all see, these players look solid as rocks and cool as ice for their clubs. Put an England on shirt and they shit the bed every chance they get. Kane, Foden, Rice, Stones absolute superstars and in a white shirt look like competition winners.

It’s so bizarre to see that transition from club to country.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

My First England tournament was Spain 82 and apart from Italy 90 and Euro 96 it has always been the same. I have come to the conclusion that the journalists and pundits who big up our players are full of shite. They just are not as good as we think they are.

I don’t believe it. 

Foden has been unbelievable this year, then 2 back to back nothings for England. Rice kicked the ball out of play for a corner under no pressure. Stones almost gifted a goal against Serbia.

Kane had about 7 touches last match. This match not a lot more apart from a tap in. 

It’s not as bad in qualification, as soon as it’s the finals they fall apart mentally.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trying things would be mainoo or Wharton, it's not playing a **** a RB in CM despite never playing for his club there

I really thought we'd play mainoo 

Gallagher is the more obvious choice imo given Mainoo’s inexperience. TAA makes no sense.

• Like 1

Play Bellingham as a 6 with rice and Palmer on the left ( should be Grealish......) foden number 10 and saka on the right, kane up front.

Just use Bellingham as a box to box midfielder next to Rice as we don’t need two holding midfielders (another gutless tactical inclusion instigated by Southgate) and the put Foden/Cole behind the striker and either Eze or Clare Balding on the left wing.

Its not so difficult really. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Just use Bellingham as a box to box midfielder next to Rice as we don’t need two holding midfielders (another gutless tactical inclusion instigated by Southgate) and the put Foden/Cole behind the striker and either Eze or Clare Balding on the left wing.

Its not so difficult really. 

You've got the job, Welcome to England.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Just listen to this, what a total clueless clown.

He has the absolute best of everything. A blank cheque and every conceivable resource he wants he can have. Years of planning. Top tier players, coaches, facilities, doctors, physios, physiologists. Whatever he asks for, he gets. He just has to make reach their potential, nothing more.

There is no excuse to turn up to a major tournament and perform like that against 2 very mid sides. 

They are falling short 100%. 

The buck stops with Gareth. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s this bizarre scoring then trying to shut up shop. It doesn’t work.

I mean if it's the 85th minute, I can understand, but when we score after 15 minutes.......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Just listen to this, what a total clueless clown.

I would write this tournament off to be honest.  A complete cluster so far.  Unless we can magically create something special before we embark on the knock-outs, then I think that will be that. Southgate will be gone and we'll start again (and about time too given the talent at his disposal that he has failed to manage).