Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Think TAA did a great job of doing the things Phillips usually does. He looked absolutely clueless.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Southgate : "we dont have a natural replacement for Kalvin Phillips".

LOL.

Literally could have picked and played him but yeah, we can't get some of the best and most talented group in the world to pass forward and keep the ball but the problem is we don't have a rat in midfield.

That's Southgate all over. The problem isn't not scoring goals its conceding the one.

I genuinely hate him

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im afraid he did....

So the reason our attacking players, who scored and created goals for fun all season, are struggling for England is because we're missing a holding midfielder (I bet there was no mention of him shoe horning in a RB who doesn't know what he's doing there)

He's mental 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

So the reason our attacking players, who scored and created goals for fun all season, are struggling for England is because we're missing a holding midfielder (I bet there was no mention of him shoe horning in a RB who doesn't know what he's doing there)

He's mental 

His answer about Phillips actually came from a question about TAA, IIRC. He said something about how he’s doing well, we have no natural Phillips replacement, we’re trying things. Just waffle. The gutless twa.t

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Have we got a song for this Euros?

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

When England scored tonight, our house fell silent, we looked at each other and said 'oh great! we've got 70 or more minutes to watch us pass the ball sideways or backwards', We did get excited when Denmark scored as we foolishly believed it would be the kick up the arse Southgate needed. "At least we didn't lose"... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might treat myself to an early night on Tuesday.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Literally could have picked and played him but yeah, we can't get some of the best and most talented group in the world to pass forward and keep the ball but the problem is we don't have a rat in midfield.

That's Southgate all over. The problem isn't not scoring goals its conceding the one.

I genuinely hate him

It’s this bizarre scoring then trying to shut up shop. It doesn’t work.

3 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Obviously made after the last game but fits perfect for tonight. 

We said about 80% of those things during todays games.

52 minutes ago, trekka said:

"We are trying different things".

Now is not the time to start trying different things, Gareth. Now is the time to consolidate all of the things you have done in friendlies and in concentrated training events, knowing what is your best squad and tactics.

Nah. He needed all those friendlies to see what he could get out of Harry Kane. At least that's what I assume as he played every frigging second of them all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s this bizarre scoring then trying to shut up shop. It doesn’t work.

England usually have their best minutes in tournaments when they fall behind and have to chase the game. Then the tempo increases in the opposition half. We saw that v France in the last world cup. Went 1-0 down early but the response was good and then should've got it back to 2-2 late on with the penalty.

Everyone can see this tactic of 1-0 up and dropping deep immediately is doomed to failure in the knock outs. England simply don't have the personnel at this tournament to grind out clean sheets so with the forward line a complete mess it's really hard to see them doing anything unless they just get in the easier half of the draw once again as likes of Spain, Germany, France and Portugal will all beat them imo so that's four they need to avoid before final and obviously would get tough games off Italy and the Netherlands aswell.