Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

My overall impression of Kane for England is exactly how he played today, including the obligatory tap-in (or penalty) which is usually enough to paper over the cracks to avoid any criticism.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I went to the office for a few hours today as coming back at lunch time to work from home. The boss told everyone else they can leave early to get back to watch the England game, I don't think anyone did

Being told you can leave to watch England feels like a pretty harsh punishment. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Being told you can leave to watch England feels like a pretty harsh punishment. 

Before I logged off at home another boss messaged everyone at home saying enjoying the pub/football.. I replied "with Southgate 🤣"

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Walker talking absolute gob - shite. 

He’s an expert of being a dick in public - he’s used to the exposure 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

So when we get a point v Slovenia what list of excuses will be used

Didn’t you listen - this is tournament football!!! 

don’t expect teams to be well drilled to peak in time for a competition that takes 2 years to qualify for…. 

• Like 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

And Gareth blaming the players, shock

The man is the epitome of a gutless wonder.

Have some balls and take responsibility for your insipid brand of football. 

This female interviewer for the BBC is asking everyone why England drop off after scoring 🤣

Southnob now saying they’re missing Kalvin Phillips - when did he last play for England ?!??

30 minutes ago, jim said:

Awful, that’s on the players as well as the manager.

The players who've been tearing it up for their clubs, 2 of whom are Balon d'Or frontrunners, or the non-descript manager with a relegation on his CV who achieved nothing in the game? Hmm, tough one to call really. I'll give em 50/50 blame.