Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Trippier is a black hole from which no attacking ball, like light, can possibly escape. Any pass forward from him feels like he scuffed a planned lateral pass.

• Haha 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

The fact Palmer isn't playing still baffles me. I'm so fed up of Southgate. Hell, I was fed up with him two years ago. 

I get the feeling he's lost the players too. 

Won't change anything. Will look just as rigid and lost.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This is Gerrard at Villa all over but with far far better players. It’s actually embarrassing that he can’t get a functional team out of the players he has available.

Wow, I disagree. Why do England need to prove anything today? Who cares? They're in. Not comparable to anything Gerrard did or caused because the context is incomparable. If England were on the verge of elimination, I'd agree. They're not!

I'd like to see some of the younger players brought on. Why not?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Well I can see what Rice was saying in the pre-game interview, they really don't listen to outside comments. 

Yeah, maybe they should reconsider that stance. 

I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched more than about 60 mins of football across the whole tournament so far. Just needed a break from football after the season we’ve just had. Anyways, tuned in to this game so I can at least have an opinion. 

**** me, this is some of the shittest football I’ve seen. It’s only half time and I’m already depressed. I was willing Slovenia to score in that decent spell, and I’m hoping Watkins and Konsa stay on the bench so they don’t get associated with this crap. 

• Like 2

Let's just hope we get the Dutch in the next round. England can then go home and everyone can stop getting so frustrated with crap served up.

Such a bad decision not taking Mitchell, or any other fit LB.

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Wow, I disagree. Why do England need to prove anything today? Who cares? They're in. Not comparable to anything Gerrard did or caused because the context is incomparable. If England were on the verge of elimination, I'd agree. They're not!

If England were on the verge of elimination in a group with Serbia, Denmark and Slovenia then they’d have to have a Scotsman in charge.

The players will drag us through until we play a half decent team and we’re out again.