Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This could be one any England match thread since about 2018. The bloke boils my piss.

Best striker we have, but I am unconvinced he makes us a better team than Watkins, Toney, or **** Callum Wilson up front.

More interested in playing quarter back than doing his **** job.

Midfielders should be telling him to f... off get out out of their way,  let them do their job and get up front and do his job.

Posted (edited)

I don't watch enough of German football , but I'm not really seeing the fuss on that Sesko.

Oh, Conor Gallagher, I would only sign him if it means stopping him from playing well against us only. Otherwise, £40m is better spent on wiping arses

Edited by HongKongVillan

Jeeezus wtf is that shitty advert all about with the wank Beatles song.

Oh dear it’s our new kit suppliers.

Cringeworthy.

• Like 2

There's no width on the left had side cos Foden gets the ball and then runs full pelt across the front of the defensive line toward the AM position, then passes backward. Phil....cross the f***ing ball mate.

That said it was an uninspiring, but not terrible half.

So Gareth hasn't really learned anything then, is he doing it just to spite the critics.

Kane can't run, get him off

I have no idea who played. Well saka had a goal ruled out so I guess he played. But other than that no idea

**** me what an awful game again

• Like 1

Honestly, if I spent that 45mins peeling the skin off my arm with a zombie knife I think it would have given me as much enjoyment. 

So much for the reaction, eh Gareth. 

At club level, watching this, you'd say he's lost the dressing room. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I can see why CarryOnWife thinks football is boring 

She’s right. I don’t even know why I’m watching as I despise every player on the pitch as much as the gonzo faced manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’ll be funny when his only change is Trent coming on for Gallagher

More like Mainoo as a 0-0 would ultimately secure the 1st place if the other game stays a draw. Probably take off Bellingham to do that.

England simply look as far away from winning this tournament as Slovenia currently.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

England are in. Like most football teams, if they're not fighting for their lives, they're never going to be as motivated. Needs must when the devil drives.

And needs definitely mustn't when Southgate drives.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, imavillan said:

nobody can be surprised from what we are watching.

it will never be any different while he’s in charge. 

Rubbish manager, rubbish tactics. 

England shown better in other tournaments even if the end result wasn't enough.

With some of his bizarre squad selections this certainly has a feel of tournament too far for Southgate.

Just now, imavillan said:

nobody can be surprised from what we are watching.

it will never be any different while he’s in charge. 

Rubbish manager, rubbish tactics. 

And we all know this, yet we're hard on the players.

I've been guilty of it myself, but we have some world class players, if one of two looked shit, it's on them, when they all look shit, look at the boss.

Earlier tonight someone compared it to Gerrard's Villa, and it's spot on. Two talented teams baffled by being coached by an unqualified halfwit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

There's no width on the left had side cos Foden gets the ball and then runs full pelt across the front of the defensive line toward the AM position, then passes backward. Phil....cross the f***ing ball mate.

That said it was an uninspiring, but not terrible half.

He’s practically having to play on his own on that side as in his wisdom Southgate hasn’t picked a fit left back in a squad of 26.

He's also not the player you want crossing balls into a well defended box. He’s the premier league player of the year and Southgate hasn’t a clue how to use him.

The same is true of Bellingham and Rice and Gallagher isn’t good enough. Saka is the only midfielder Southgate can get anything out of and that’s because all you have to do is stick him on the wing and he’ll do the same job.

This is Gerrard at Villa all over but with far far better players. It’s actually embarrassing that he can’t get a functional team out of the players he has available.