Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Tournament strategy that some of these team use baffles me. With England's squad, it's almost impossible to get knocked out at the group stage, there's favourable draws after it sure but for the most part you should heavily rotate your squad IMO. Bowen, Gordon, Watkins, Konsa, Palmer, Wharton should all start in some capacity in the group stages (in different games) so players like Kane, Saka, Rice, Walker can have a rest and be fresher for the KO stages. 

But his next excuse will be Palmer, Bowen Watkins etc dont have tournament experience...

• Like 1

Just now, villanmac said:

Id actually forgot Gallagher was playing until that faceplant.

Starting him thinking it would in any way change the dreadful form of the side was just bizarre

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Every player looks bad when they are being managed by an imbecile. Villa under Gerrard is the perfect example.

This. I thoroughly enjoyed the Austria game earlier who have a couple of good players but played as a cohesive well drilled unit. 

Imagine this group of players with a manager with an ounce of tactical nous! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Every player looks bad when they are being managed by an imbecile. Villa under Gerrard is the perfect example.

He's never a top - drawer midfielder. Couldn't lace Dennis Mortimer's boots, and he never won a cap.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Would you value Watkins based on how he looks playing for England? 

I know what Watkins can do. I'm not convinced Gallagher would be the answer to our midfield. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1