Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

So far we have the following to use as excuses... 

- The pitch cut up

- It's too humid

- Denmark scored a wonder goal

I'm sure as the shit show carries on the pundits and commentators can find a few more. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

9 minutes ago, peterwithethewinner said:

If we get out the group

They’ll beat Slovenia and everything will be rosy in the Safegate garden.

Temporarily.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Richards spot on ollie needs to come on

Hi, my name is Gareth. Who is this Ollie you speak of?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why do England have the obsession with just cramming in the ‘best’ 11 players rather than playing people in their actual positions. For years you’ve heard ‘oh so and so, what a player, can’t even get into the French/Spanish/Brazilian etc teams’, not England though.

TAA is not a holding midfielder, he has no idea where he is supposed to be, it’s clear. Kane is not fully fit (IMO), Trippier is not a left back although I appreciate its scant pickings there currently with both Shaw and Chilwell out, the list goes on to be honest.

Even with this lineup, you can tweak a couple of things to play to the player's strengths:

1. Play TAA as a #6/Regista. England can barely keep the ball, he'll make sure the ball gets to where it needs to go

2. Play Rice and Bellingham as box-to-box #8's. Not only is that their best position, but it covers for TAA's lack of legs/defensive frailty

Just now, HKP90 said:

The whole problem summed up in one picture. 

No way this happens organically. Look at the difference down the right hand side.

Very helpful, but Denmark was also pushing back hard after the England goal. It would explain some of the defensiveness, perhaps?

Just now, HKP90 said:

Right. Can we play like we are level again now pls?

Personally, and I know a lot won't agree with it, I hope we get absolutely caned.  It is the only way we'll make proper changes for the 3rd game and into the knock-out stages if we make it. 

Sean Dyche football is more cavalier than what Southgate produces. 

all the players In the England squad play way better football for their clubs than they can ever do in a Southgate system. 

A golden generation ruined by a man more dull than Rishi Sunak

• Like 1