Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

If it's the virus I've had since yesterday he'll have spent all week shitting liquid acid out his arse.

But he's never let us down so he has to start...

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I didn't even celebrate our goal, I've just totally lost any feelings towards the England team and it's all down to one man.

Same 

Just now, birdman said:

Southgate needs to get a grip and take his golden boy Kane off.

If we're going to sit this deep and bring them on then at least bring on some fresh legs and runners up top so we can counter 

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I didn't even celebrate our goal, I've just totally lost any feelings towards the England team and it's all down to one man.

It’s so sad isn’t it. I used to go mental for England goals.

• Like 1

Remember, we're currently being played off the park by one of the worst teams here. They qualified 2nd  with a low points tally that included powerhouses such as Lithuania and Bulgaria. This "coming home" rubbish is utter fantasy.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

If only we could bring on someone who can hold the ball, bring it forward and possibly win fouls. You know, like a Grealish.

Or someone who when you play long in to the space in the channels left by them attacking someone who will run like a dog with two dicks all day long...

Villa bias obviously but you bring Ollie on now, probably Gordon too, just let them run as an outlet 

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Gallagher coming on. Classic Southgate sub.

Probably take Bellingham off 😂

Surely, as a manager, you're watching the opposition, who objectively are not as talented as you, run through your defence at will, you know there's something wrong and you do something about it.

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Like football is about entertainment right. I feel embarrassed making my wife watch this and there is absolutely nothing to disprove her argument that football is shit and boring

My wife is now doing a puzzle book!

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I actually think we are getting a lot lot better at producing these players. Bellingham, Foden and Cole can all do it, but at youth levels we have more coming through. The work Ashworth did with the FA really has made more technical players. 

Foden never plays as the 8 though. I'd rather see him there than TAA as at least he'd be getting on the ball more than being a ghost on the left. I take it Cole Palmer you mean, again he plays 10 or out right for his club rather than say deeper like Conor Gallagher.

I think it's a hang over from the 80s and Bryan Robson and then Gerrard and Lampard. Any English midfielder is only rated if they're a lung busting box to box type when the ones that win tournaments have a Xavi, Pirlo, Alexis MacAlister dictating play, Modric for Croatia aswell.

When did England last produce that type and actually play them in that role? You saw Carrick ignored for years even though he played that exact role for Man. United. Barry was also doing a nice job alongside Petrov in that time and it took years for him to be called up.

Wharton seems of that type so see how he goes but five years ago Harry Winks was getting hyped up.

There's going to be a lot of space over the top now. Better off with Watkins running over them, they have pocketed Kane all night who is just trying to battle with them too much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve had a lovely day, but thankfully there’s a VT match thread to bring me back down to earth.

Don't listen. We're playing absolutely brilliant despite being outclassed in every part of the pitch by superior players. Such a brave performance, I might cry.