Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why do we always stop playing under Southgate?

We're bossing possession. We're really comfortable. We're ten times better than the opposition....well its been 10 minutes since we scored so let's drop off 20 and let them play.

We'll do nothing. Again.

Basically we will win, and probably well because our players are massively superior. I could probably manage this team to wins against the likes of Serbia. 

But when we come up against a team where you need more than just better players. When the opposition are as good or nearly as good as you, and they have a manager who thinks, who reacts, who plans. Then we fall down and it will be the same again. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But he just isn't, that's why he is where he is.

People just try to find faults, he's a class act, period!!

I’ve heard people say he is

don't tend to do football accas but i had a tenner on over 2.5 goals in the holland game, btts in the denmark game and over 2.5 goals in this. why oh why did i do that 3rd selection. it's not like i've seen us in major tournaments under this guy before.

Joe Hart is about 7ft tall. Mind you, his neck is about 3ft of that. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Pointing it out for the sake of What? Watkins hasn't done anything, yet, at international level. So there's that.

No worries, enjoy the game. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The "issue" is that nothing is happening down our left at all.  But it's comfortable, Serbia are a decent side and they aren't doing anything at all.

Time to bring Greasey on for the second half to target their left side.....

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Serbia would do well to get it down the wings and cross it to Vlahovic and Mitrovic. Guehi and Stones are not a dominant aerial pair. 

That Serbia seem to be trying to play through instead of crossing into the box is a bit of a mystery to me. 

That's why you pin back the full backs and make them have to beat our players on the ground to get in a cross. DO NOT drop deep, even when we're after a bit of a break. Take our breathers in possession.

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Kane gets stick for always coming deep to get the ball for years, now gets stick for not getting involved.

The issue is not Kane. His qualities are unquestionable. It's why we can't get him in the game with these attacking riches against a pretty average team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe its because they are outside and not in the studio? 

Good point! Thank  you. I hadn't realised that. Mind you, they bore me so I didn't take that much notice of where they are. Now to the next 45 minutes.

• Like 1