Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

Under performance ? Remind me which previous England manager took us to the final stages of major tournaments !

Tonight was a meaningless friendly not worthy of any serious analysis. Don't worry, you'll be hammering through boxes of tissues when England start winning serious games and no doubt claiming you always rated Southgate.  

Unconvincingly topping the group, and the getting knocked out in R16/Quarters by first half decent team you mean 😂

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Sam would at least have them playing for each other. I would be infinitely more entertaining that the dross Southgate serves up

Sam's football is of a bygone era.Today's English players are far far better, technically, to be playing that kind of football. You only have to watch Everton to understand the point I'm making.

Edited by sheepyvillian

26 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Tedious under performance in which we reached the last euros final and the World Cup quarters (I think?). 

My point being, even good teams can churn out bad results. We’ll still qualify out of our group. 

You would hope so. However, it's when we come up against a quality side that we usually get found wanting. What quality side have we actually beat under Southgate, I struggle to remember. 

52 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

It infuriates me that we've wasted such a potentially awesome generation with Southgate. I can't stand him, not sure how he's stayed in the role for so long. 

He doesn't do anything news worthy. No bad news means they don't need to sack him. 

I don't know why he's taken 4 left footed attacking midfielders/wingers and just two right footed, both of whom are very inexperienced.  Surely Jack instead of Bowen would have balanced it out a bit.  Anyway I think England will be much better than that in the group stages but still fall short in the knockout stages.

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He doesn't do anything news worthy. No bad news means they don't need to sack him. 

He's a absolutely brilliant manager if you read his Wikipedia page rather than watch his football

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Everything about England is boring. 

Boring manager, boring tactics, boring excuses. 

What we don't have is boring players but he's done a brilliant job in making them look that and I reckon there are 100's of managers out there who could get a better tune out of this group than this clown. 

Hopefully he's gone after this summer, the FA grow a pair of balls for once and get someone in who doesn't have the personality of a wet weekend, who can motivate and give these players the drive to perform like they do week in week out for their club sides. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Foden having 4 in 33 games is pretty poor 

54 in 164 games for city 

I'll let you guess what the cause is..

Edit - it's not poor, call a spade a spade, it's shit

Edit 2 - looking at that how's Bellingham got 29 caps and foden 33?! And again Bellingham 3 goals in 29 games, he got 19 goals in 28 la liga games last year 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Throwing the players hes just picked under the bus.

Naturally since he is missing his superstar Maguire

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Under performance ? Remind me which previous England manager took us to the final stages of major tournaments !

Alf Ramsey

Edited by Zatman

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Foden having 4 in 33 games is pretty poor 

54 in 164 games for city 

I'll let you guess what the cause is..

Edit - it's not poor, call a spade a spade, it's shit

Edit 2 - looking at that how's Bellingham got 29 caps and foden 33?! And again Bellingham 3 goals in 29 games, he got 19 goals in 28 la liga games last year 

Its the Kane effect, Southgate makes it Kane or bust

Ollie plays he gets 2 or 3 goals and Bellingham/Foden 5 goals each and England win the Euros

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Tonight was a meaningless friendly not worthy of any serious analysis. Don't worry, you'll be hammering through boxes of tissues when England start winning serious games and no doubt claiming you always rated Southgate.  

There's players out there that needed to perform to make there place in the team. Apart from Palmer maybe, I saw nothing.

Good job we are in a shit group!

There's a reason why his only club job was Middlesbrough, who played in the Uefa Cup final the season before he was appointed and then were subsequently relegated 3 years later with him at the helm. He's utter sh*te.

Played off the feel good factor where we scraped our way through to the semi's of the 2018 World Cup, had the luckiest of draws throughout Euro 2020 and were absolute dog sh*t in the group stages and then lost to the first decent team we played in the World Cup in Qatar.

I really really hope he takes over at United, it would be hilarious to see how the media react when his United team are 14th in November. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not an England supporter but I always have an interest. I agree that this generation of players are probably being wasted under the current manager.

The result really doesn’t matter but the performance was lethargic, even given the fact that it was a game that no one wanted to get injured in and maybe just more focus on the Euros.

Playing Ramsdale in goal? Why? Leaving Grealish at home and relying on the inexperienced Gordon and Eze (who is fantastic though).

The attack was rigid and unimaginative with players like Foden and Palmer.

The defence and especially the left back position looks very shaky.

Maybe Bellingham is going to save him but I think a better manager would have gotten you a trophy by now.

Yikes, that’s was bad.

Not sure who played well? Thought Rice did ok, Kane had some nice touches and Gordon was a threat (but wasteful). Trent was a threat off the bench.

Tripper is a car crash at LB, offers nothing going forward but still gets done over the top defensively. Walker was so pedestrian - and just disappeared for a couple of their chances. Mainoo looked like he didn’t have a clue whether to press or sit - looked miles off it tbh in my opinion.

Foden was invisible, when he’s been phenomenal all season.

Very ominous. Bellingham isn’t papering over all these cracks. Surely Trent has to start. God knows who to play LB or CM with Rice. Win or bust for Southgate, surely - and on this showing he’s done.

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I really want him to kiss the reporter, that would get him gone

Especially if it's a bloke