Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Palmer has to start for me.

Gordon over Grealish btw is pure comedy 😂

Gordon has had a good season no doubt, he just works in Newcastle’s helter skelter system. That’s isn’t  going to translate to international football.

Low blocks galore, and slower possession buildup style for England, Grealish literally tailor made for it 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Giro said:

Definitely gonna regret taking grealish 

Was about to say. It’s this type of game where you need Grealish to unlock the defence. One jinky run to draw a foul, or a pass through the lines no one expects. 

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Palmer has to start for me.

Gordon over Grealish btw is pure comedy 😂

Gordon works in Newcastle's side as it's up and at em hundred miles and hour football. He's no way suited to conknose's turgid laborious play. Seriously, about a minute in and up popped Kane to take the ball off Stones right by the England D 🙄

• Like 1

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Luke Shaw might play some part in the 2nd group game, why on earth is he going? 

He’s going to be horrendously unmatch fit

• Like 1

We are taking ONE left footed defender to a major tournament.

All the riches of the PL and we only have one left footer in the country good enough to play for England? Hmmm

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Watkins doesn't look fully up to speed for England

Toney is out of form and has 2 caps for England

Harry Kane is carrying a knock

Meaningless friendly at home a week before a tournament...you know who is starting

The man's a **** clown 

Some of the criticism is beyond ridiculous. It’s the last friendly before the tournament, the time for experimentation is over and now you play your best 11 into some form of familiarity with each other. It’s what every international manager will be doing this weekend.

I am not big fan of Southgate but he is getting called all sorts of hyperbolic names for doing perfectly normal, reasonable things. 

Maybe it is always going to be this way if you are the England manager heading into a major tournament, you will be copping pelters from all sides as people’s anxiousness and frustrations will the national team boil over, but it makes for some mad reading on this forum.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Some of the criticism is beyond ridiculous. It’s the last friendly before the tournament, the time for experimentation is over and now you play your best 11 into some form of familiarity with each other. It’s what every international manager will be doing this weekend.

I am not big fan of Southgate but he is getting called all sorts of hyperbolic names for doing perfectly normal, reasonable things. 

Maybe it is always going to be this way if you are the England manager heading into a major tournament, you will be copping pelters from all sides as people’s anxiousness and frustrations will the national team boil over, but it makes for some mad reading on this forum.  

nah, kane isnt fit, he's going to start, his 2 back up strikers have hardly any england minutes and watkins looks off the pace

kane plays too much, we dont need him (or shouldnt anyway) hopefully doesnt play more than an hour tonight, watkins and toney need minutes more than him

It’s normal to have a really flat game like this before a tournament, same as at club level before a cup final.

Nobody wants to get injured or make a mistake.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that people are surprised that it's not been red hot entertainment, or played with much effort. 

Can you imagine if you were a retired footballer, and you sit down with your grandkids to tell them the story of how you were selected to play in a major tournament for England, but had to go home because you injured yourself in a pre tournament game against Iceland. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm surprised that people are surprised that it's not been red hot entertainment, or played with much effort. 

Can you imagine if you were a retired footballer, and you sit down with your grandkids to tell them the story of how you were selected to play in a major tournament for England, but had to go home because you injured yourself in a pre tournament game against Iceland. 

It's how we always play regardless if a friendly or competition. I don't buy it.