Euro 2024: Group A (Germany, Hungary, Scotland, Switzerland)

limpid

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

48 team World cup in two years which will be even more farcical. 

To be fair I don’t mind it, Scotland were woeful but these teams need to have a go and those smaller teams get a chance to do that in the expanded format.

Part of their problem is how hard it is to switch from negative to positive tactics. Awful past the halfway line. 

No side with Ralston in it should be anywhere near the next round of this tournament. I think they've been lucky to have got 1 point out the 3 games. 

Best wishes to Varga, hopefully he's OK and it's not as bad as it initially looked. 

Just now, Zatman said:

well for us would be a star but outsiders looking at Scotland only recognise Robertson

Mcginn also didnt do much this tournament

Robertson has been awful, don't think he's had one decent cross in 3 games

Just now, villa4europe said:

I'm on about Armstrong as well

The one where Armstrong seems incapable of running inq straight line or convincingly stepping across the defender to make the ball his so he jumps in to him before twisting unnaturally and falling over 

Not a chance is that a penalty, it was dreadful from Armstrong

Games long gone of they're giving them 

Nah, his leg gets clattered by a knee - didn't jump into the defender at all.  Should have been a penalty.

Harry Kane may buy penalties like that but ref got the penalty call spot on  , attacker initiated the contact after his poor control

well done the ref 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Harry Kane may buy penalties like that but ref got the penalty call spot on  , attacker initiated the contact after his poor control

well done the ref 

That's a bonkers view :D 

Dreadful tourno for Scotland, the only team that have made England look exciting to watch.

I don't know whats happened to Robertson but his form this season has gone rapidly downhill.

As for Che Adams, he looked more of a competition  winner than the Hungarian No.9 competition winner! Absolutely dreadful performance.

Gutted for McGinn but also relieved he can get a deserved rest and didn't pick up an injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah, his leg gets clattered by a knee - didn't jump into the defender at all.  Should have been a penalty.

I agree. But I think he was offside which is why it didn’t get checked. But nobody on BBC seems to have noticed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

well done the ref 

Seriously? Looked like the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see, but I’d be happy to watch any evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I agree. But I think he was offside which is why it didn’t get checked. But nobody on BBC seems to have noticed

Close one - I think the defender in the middle is playing him on; but yeah, didn't see a replay or anything.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how does a squad with Tierney, Roberston, McTominay, McGinn, Adams etc, play like a sunday league side?

granted they will never be world beaters, but their squad also isnt as bad as their performances tbh.

Tierney got injured but Che Adams is hopeless

Scotland issue was they have awful centre backs when Grant Hanley is the star defender. One plays in Copenhagen and other in Gerrardball and was probably convinced is better than Mings

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Legit some of the worst quality you will see in a major tournament. Constant offsides. Dithering. Bad decisions. Crap shots. Indecision. Terrible. Terrible footballers.

But ... excellent curlers and tasty fillers of sheep stomachs.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

48 team World cup in two years which will be even more farcical. 

This tournament has been fine, the two most boring teams have been England and Scotland

Teams like Georgia, Slovenia, Albania might lack stars but all in with energy and excitement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Seriously? Looked like the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see, but I’d be happy to watch any evidence to the contrary.

I doubt they'll include it in the highlight videos seeing as it wasn't even reviewed (?) 

Armstrong to me looked like if he just ran normally in a straight line then it's an all dayer but looks at his body shape, he skips jumps twists never once has control of his own body let alone the ball, he's all over the shop, he jumps in to the defender looking for contact, twists completely unnaturally while also looking like his trying to hook an arm 

There's obviously contact but Armstrong at no point looks right in what he's doing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2