Euro 2024: Group A (Germany, Hungary, Scotland, Switzerland)

limpid

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Scotland have been dreadful tbh.

They really have been.  Woeful performance.

(But they should've had a pen)

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Clarkes tactics were awful. They need to sack him ans try get moyes in 

he is the best Scotland manager in the last 25 years

They have no stars except maybe Robertson who is a left back

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Clarkes tactics were awful. They need to sack him ans try get moyes in 

He had tactics? 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Scotland going through really is a waste of a spot 

The ever expanding size of these tournaments does it no favours in terms of quality. Its just more games so more money. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't know, they've missed a few good chances in the last 20 minutes and should deffo have had a penalty. Probably deserved to win more than Hungary. 

Didn't have a shot on goal until 65th minute.

Was a very scrappy game but Hungary strung together better moves in both halves. 

Just now, Xela said:

The ever expanding size of these tournaments does it no favours in terms of quality. Its just more games so more money. 

48 team World cup in two years which will be even more farcical. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

They really have been.  Woeful performance.

(But they should've had a pen)

I was watching and playing playstation so didn't comment at the time....

That's never a penalty in a million years 😂 he weirdly jumped in the air before twisting his body in to the defender 

Not a clue why he didn't just run in a straight line like a normal person, genuinely not a clue what he was doing 

how does a squad with Tierney, Roberston, McTominay, McGinn, Adams etc, play like a sunday league side?

granted they will never be world beaters, but their squad also isnt as bad as their performances tbh.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

he is the best Scotland manager in the last 25 years

They have no stars except maybe Robertson who is a left back

McGinn isn't a star in their team? He's a top player in side that's just finished 4th in one of the toughest leagues in World football. He's as much of a star as Tielemans is for Belgium.

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

I was watching and playing playstation so didn't comment at the time....

That's never a penalty in a million years 😂 he weirdly jumped in the air before twisting his body in to the defender 

Not a clue why he didn't just run in a straight line like a normal person, genuinely not a clue what he was doing 

Not sure which incident you're referring to?  I'm on about the Armstrong one where he got a knee into his leg as he was trying to turn.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Listen, if you want quality we should thank teams like England and send them home.

But I am very much entertained. For me, good move UEFA. More beer, more games, sun is shining, I love it. I want to watch Georgia and Turkey every day. 

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

how does a squad with Tierney, Roberston, McTominay, McGinn, Adams etc, play like a sunday league side?

granted they will never be world beaters, but their squad also isnt as bad as their performances tbh.

Yep. Look at some of the sides Romania players are at and they beat Ukraine 3-0 and had some decent chances v Belgium so far more positive than Scotland generally have been.

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Bizarrely the BBC showed a replay just after. Looked like Gunn took out his own player and a different Hungarian player.

Seen a pic on Twitter now (safe, nothing bad) and Gunn's elbow hits Varga's temple.  Probably why he's out cold straight away.

Hope the lad is OK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

McGinn isn't a star in their team? He's a top player in side that's just finished 4th in one of the toughest leagues in World football. He's as much of a star as Tielemans is for Belgium.

well for us would be a star but outsiders looking at Scotland only recognise Robertson

Mcginn also didnt do much this tournament

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not sure which incident you're referring to?  I'm on about the Armstrong one where he got a knee into his leg as he was trying to turn.

I'm on about Armstrong as well

The one where Armstrong seems incapable of running inq straight line or convincingly stepping across the defender to make the ball his so he jumps in to him before twisting unnaturally and falling over 

Not a chance is that a penalty, it was dreadful from Armstrong

Games long gone of they're giving them 

• Like 4