Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yep. And also the 24 team set up. Though in fairness some of the smaller sides have done well like Austria and Georgia which does justify the expansion I suppose. But the tournament does feel a bit bloated now, but nothing to what the utter mess the world cup will be in 2026.

Smaller sides have been by far the most interesting to watch for the most part. 

For me it comes down to a dearth of management talent. 

With modern day analysts, training everyone can set up to be tough to beat. You need to be a good tactician to understand how to consistently break that down. Aren’t lots of managers who can do that and they tend to end up at the top clubs in top leagues. 

55 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was Zlatan unlikeable? I always thought his cockiness was more of an act than genuine, unlike Ronaldo.

Considering the things that were reported here at least around MLS (and also things that went down in Milan), I don't know how much of an act it was.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

And Belgium -- beaten by Slovakia -- barely lost to France. The former "Austro-Hungarian Empire" teams have been no slouches.

I only read up recently about the Mitropa Cup, the first knock out tournament in Europe which was based on teams from said former empire.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Portugal would be a better team without Ronaldo 

Clearly upped his game since chasing the oil money…

..not

Â