Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Great goal, but don't be a nobhead about it. Celebrate it with the fans and don't try and score points from them.

He's a wonderful player but he's coming across as a bit of a prick. 

Agreed. I've been singing his praises on here about how grounded, respectful, humble and well-spoken he is, but he has soured my impression of him a bit over the last 24 hours. I guess it's a bit easier to come across as a nice chap when everything is going your way and everyone is talking about how great you are.

29 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not quite, it turns out. 😉😁

spacer.png

Danger of going OT here....to be fair to them they are...

But the Dutch then take the Belgian style fries and put satay sauce on them or calve mayo which is the best mayo anywhere 

So the Netherlands is actually where you get the best fries 

• Like 1

Vs. Switzerland? Thoughts? I wonder if Shaw could be back.

Pickford
Konsa......Stones.....Trippier/Shaw?
            Mainoo.....Rice
Saka.........Foden......Gordon/Eze?
                Watkins

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Pickford
            Mainoo.....Rice
                Watkins

If we all stay very quiet you will be able to hear Southgate laughing from the distance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Pickford
            Mainoo.....Rice
                Watkins

I'd start Palmer ahead of Saka, still start Kane, cause you know he will, but maybe give him 60 minutes. Watkins won't get a look in now Toney has done a bit and soft lad Gareth will think he owes him, for bringing him on with 2 minutes to go yesterday.

Shaw has been running around and playing darts no doubt, so he will be far from match fit. Even if Gareth plays him, he'll be shit.

With all this in mind, you have to understand, Southgate has been been training 1 system. So unless forced, he won't change FA!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

With all this in mind, you have to understand, Southgate has been been training 1 system. So unless forced, he won't change FA!

He has plenty of center backs, in contrast to other positions, so a suspension there doesn't affect plans. He's not going to go to a back 3 just to be tactically different, he's too loyal to his "system" and his players to do that.

Would be unfair to say that Ronaldo only cares about himself. Would be perfectly fine to say Ronaldo mainly cares about himself. Just waiting for him to go into full meltdown once the Messi chants start.

• Like 1

Â