Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

4-1 up 5 mins left and they're in complete control, still attacking in possession, still pressing out of possession, their front 3 are holding a line halfway through the Georgian half

It's witchcraft 

2-1 up against a pub side. Free kick in your own half. Hit the big game. Immediately lose possession.  Drop another 10 yards.

The post match interviews from the players are even more embarrassing than anything Southgate has served up. What on earth has he done to deserve such defence in a clearly indefensible situation?

• Like 1

*Meanwhile, Kalvin Phillips opens another pot noodle, realising that he might not be as important to England as everyone thought…*

*receives a text from Gareth*

”Miss you. Keep eating and we’ll get you back in somehow”

*Ten minutes later: a honk of a horn: Alan Wright on a motorcycle with an enormous sidecar*

Alan Wright: “When Gareth says he wants you, he wants you. Get in, Big Fella”

Kalvin: “let me wipe my beard and get my boots”

Alan Wright: “Gareth wants you just the way you are. Now get in.”

Fin.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

*Meanwhile, Kalvin Phillips opens another pot noodle, realising that he might not be as important to England as everyone thought…*

*receives a text from Gareth*

”Miss you. Keep eating and we’ll get you back in somehow”

*Ten minutes later: a honk of a horn: Alan Wright on a motorcycle with an enormous sidecar*

Alan Wright: “When Gareth says he wants you, he wants you. Get in, Big Fella”

Kalvin: “let me wipe my beard and get my boots”

Alan Wright: “Gareth wants you just the way you are. Now get in.”

Fin.

It's a modern day Twilight romance.

The day after and im still seething at how shit we have become.

The swiss will kill us if he goes same team. Toney apparently was angry that he was asked to come on. Sums up the whole affair. Southgate taking the piss out of toney and spat in ollies face by not selecting him

i only looked at a few websites this morning but the written media still seem to be absolutely panning us

there were a lot of 4s in the player ratings, john stones and to a lesser extend declan rice joining foden, trippier and kane in the questioning of what exactly are they doing because they've been terrible

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i only looked at a few websites this morning but the written media still seem to be absolutely panning us

there were a lot of 4s in the player ratings, john stones and to a lesser extend declan rice joining foden, trippier and kane in the questioning of what exactly are they doing because they've been terrible

Walker getting away with murder. I think was England worst player and was strolling around like he was in testimonial

Bellingham has criticised the fans and also posts a “cryptic” quote with more criticism.

They were absolute dogshit last night.

Jude acting the bellend it looked like he was from the outside. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Walker getting away with murder. I think was England worst player and was strolling around like he was in testimonial

He's playing really badly and yet people think he can just slot in at LB (will be as bad as Trippier) or even play CB in a back 4.

All sorts of problems for England defensively that Swiss should exploit in the next round.

I've been saying about Bellingham and his attitude. 

I'm not doubting he has exceptional ability but I think he's a right nob head. 

Just don't say anything. Don't do your stupid celebrations, just do the job you're paid ridiculous money to do. Then people won't be getting on your back. 

As for some of the comments surrounding Southgate, them players can't believe what they are saying, surely? 

• Like 2

Bellingham should have grabbed the ball and returned it to the centre spot. Not shushing his critics.

He's been shit all tournament, like the whole team and they were 10 seconds away from one of the most embarrassing England performances and tournament exits of all-time. It was not a time to settle perceived scores and give it the big one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Bellingham channelling his inner Steve Bruce after yesterday... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0xj8vd9l0no

What an entitled 🔔🔚 Fans and critics have every right to pan the performances, they have been absolutely 💩

Everyone at work noshing off Southgate, saying it was tactically spot on... I said the goal was our 1st shot at goal in 96 mins!! But what do i know I'm just a bitter Villa fan  🤣

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He's still got a burst of speed but he was 30 seconds away from international retirement.

Legs looked heavy, couldn't get on the overlap, slow on the turn to face his own goal, and his touch and technique was diabolical. Man looked severely tired. He's just about cooked and absolutely can't start another game.

Â