Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Oh no, that would mean we won the Euro’s heaven forbid! 

The point being that he was seconds away from being public enemy #1. Now what I said is true.

Just now, R.Bear said:

People will think I’m crazy but I’m more confident of England winning this tournament than before the game and not just because there’s one less game.

They have luck on their side. It reminds me of when Italy got that dodgy pen vs Australia in 2006 with 10 men. You felt their name was on the trophy as they easily could have gone out in disgrace that night. Fine margins. England can’t be this shit again and have a lovely path. The Swiss have already shot their load England haven’t even got a boner yet. Finalists at least.

How different do you think the lineup that starts against Switzerland will be than the one that started today?

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We're honestly going to fraud our way to the final. 

I'm almost sad we missed out on what would've been the biggest social media meltdown of all time had Slovakia held on. 

I think the Swiss will beat us unless we massively improve.

2 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

How different do you think the lineup that starts against Switzerland will be than the one that started today?

I can see Trippier being dropped, that’s it.

11 minutes ago, jim said:

Don’t care how we did, getting through is all that counts.

Absolutely classic Steve Bruce & Steven Gerrard thinking :lol:

Do you think it's likely we get through more rounds playing like that?

That is why performances are being critiqued.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

How confident are you that they'll win the next round?

Not very, but we are through. 

He’s gone either way if we win the whole thing or go out.

Honestly far bigger things going on than some people get bent out of shape because Southgate won a football match with the national team.

7 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Guehi suspended and that be probably only change and it wont be Konsa replacing him

Surely basic tactics must be to play Lane upfront, even if it's just yo poach. I saw him in the box 3 times tonight and 1 was a goal. He is next to useless hanging around the half way line. Feed  him as Bayern have played him, scored a few there didn't he?

gonna have to play much much better to play Switzerland.

Xhaka for me has been the best midfielder i've seen so far in this competition. They look a much better organised side and have talented players to go with it.

1 minute ago, jim said:

Not very, but we are through. 

He’s gone either way if we win the whole thing or go out.

Honestly far bigger things going on than some people get bent out of shape because Southgate won a football match with the national team.

Yeah far bigger things like winning the tournament, which at the moment doesn't look very likely given how they scraped past the worst team in the knockout phase.

I'd be very surprised if they don't lose to Switzerland, but what does that matter, they're through to the QFs. They'll cross that other bridge when they get to it I guess 

24 minutes ago, jim said:

Don’t care how we did, getting through is all that counts.

Surely it’s not hard to see how scraping through with an awful performance might mean getting through is far less likely to happen next time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

He’ll change one player. If that

On 29/06/2024 at 19:31, rodders0223 said:

One of the most nothing performances in a knock out game you will ever see

But England got through somehow 😝

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â