Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

Just now, R.Bear said:

He’s a scary thought. Southgate is 3 games away from being knighted, being a national hero and having a statue outside Wembley.

Oh no, that would mean we won the Euro’s heaven forbid! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Don’t care how we did, getting through is all that counts.

Reminds you of your love of Stevie G ball

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Would be kinda funny if England kept playing shite football and somehow managed to luck the tournament win. Football coming home for the first time since the 60s under a manager that seems unanimously disliked. Would almost be poetic.

In fairness, Portugal were pretty crap when they won it in 2016, only showing up in the final so it certainly can happen 

It genuinely pisses me off that we’re so bad in all 4 games yet the draw opens up and our first shot on target is a 96th minute overhead kick into the corner.

Just now, maltesemike said:

“Putting on Toney when he did was a masterclass”. What a load of bllocks, it was pure luck

It was a complete roll of the dice by an absolute charlatan 

• Thanks 2

Comically mismanaged but somehow sneaking through.

Konsa, Eze and Saka at left back, three number tens, ten behind the ball, the full range of Southgate f***wittery.

England march on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a tightrope for the pundits to walk tbf, we progress so they can't be seen as being too negative but also we were dogshit, so they need to address it.

I think the BBC guys would have went in still tbh, Lineker especially seems to have had enough

Just now, picicata said:

In fairness, Portugal were pretty crap when they won it in 2016, only showing up in the final so it certainly can happen 

In fairness, the Ronaldo statue is funnier than the Gareth one will be.

Next England manager should make Bellingham captain, retire Walker and Kane and drop Foden who is a system player. Probably clip Saka and Rice down a peg or two

We're honestly going to fraud our way to the final. 

I'm almost sad we missed out on what would've been the biggest social media meltdown of all time had Slovakia held on. 

• Like 4

People will think I’m crazy but I’m more confident of England winning this tournament than before the game and not just because there’s one less game.

They have luck on their side. It reminds me of when Italy got that dodgy pen vs Australia in 2006 with 10 men. You felt their name was on the trophy as they easily could have gone out in disgrace that night. Fine margins. England can’t be this shit again and have a lovely path. The Swiss have already shot their load England haven’t even got a boner yet. Finalists at least.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

“Don’t care how we did, getting through is all that counts.”

FTFY?

It was my understanding that non-irony was against the terms of service on VT. 

Turning thia over now rather watch the spaingame than anymore of this crap

Kane "this team knows how to dig deep"

Embarrassing 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â