Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

I am glad that Ollie and Ezri were not on the pitch for that display of shambles.

I have mixed feelings about them getting a run in the second half.

• Like 2

Just now, R.Bear said:

What’s your point?

Personality wasn't an issue there although he hadn't just won a double with Real Madrid in the previous two tournaments.

Kane is just a passenger, he's a bigger issue with his immobility. Basically just playing due to his status at this point and he may tap a cross in or score a penalty. That's it.

Just now, Wurzel said:

More gold from these fellas, honestly if they weren’t around I wouldn’t have tuned in past 30 mins of the first England game. 

• Haha 1

Agree about kane not being a captain.  Say what you want about gerarrd but on the pitch that guy was a leader.

Where is the leadership here? Just seems aload of arrogance that think they are dogs bollocks but foer england are more like players playing for Rochdale 

• Like 1

Just now, fruitvilla said:

I am glad that Ollie and Ezri were not on the pitch for that display of shambles.

I have mixed feelings about them getting a run in the second half.

Keep them off and get them on their holiday. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

He just said Trent Alexander Arnold is the greatest full back we've ever seen in this country. 

I think he said best 'footballing' full back aka can't defend for shit but has a wand of a right foot

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

German TV taking the piss about Trippier shot 😂

Ironically, he can score in a brothel. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Personality wasn't an issue there although he hadn't just won a double with Real Madrid in the previous two tournaments

Maybe he’s got too big for his boots. Believing his own hype. He was poor for Real towards the end of the season.

• Like 1

Quite surprised that anyone is shocked by this performance.  It's the same as every other Southgate game. Sometimes we look bad and win, sometimes we look bad and lose. This is the standard though. It has been the standard for years.

• Like 1

Who's the creative player in midfield? Who is setting the tempo? That's not supposed to be Rice's or role, and Bellingham isn't playing that role.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

I've been saying this for a while. We look really poor with him.

It kind of reminds me when Christiano Ronaldo was last at Man U. He'll get goals but the team suffers.

I don't think he'll be a starter at the next World cup based on this tournament.

Reminds me of Rooney at 2010 World cup. He started to decline as CF around that time and then didn't do much for England in future tournaments.

Just now, osmark86 said:

Just give Watkins a chance Gareth. Kane has been shit, again.

He won't, cos Watkins impressed when he came on last time and Southgate won't like that.

Just now, osmark86 said:

Just give Watkins a chance Gareth. Kane has been shit, again.

This was always going to be one of englands biggest problems. A blind faith in playing Kane in every situation with no thought of shape, balance or opponent. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â