Euro 2024: Round of 16

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

limpid

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ironically played Slovakia in the final group game of 2016 and that was as boring a 0-0 (under Hodgson) as last night was.

Worst game I've ever seen in the flesh, the whole day put me off ever watching England again 

But stats wise England had 29 shots that game, I don't remember a single one of them 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worst game I've ever seen in the flesh, the whole day put me off ever watching England again 

But stats wise England had 29 shots that game, I don't remember a single one of them 

Just had a look at England's starting line up that night. Would make a great quiz question...all of Clyne, Ryan Bertrand and Eric Dier started. Ross Barkley unused sub.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just had a look at England's starting line up that night. Would make a great quiz question...all of Clyne, Ryan Bertrand and Eric Dier started. Ross Barkley unused sub.

I'd have Bertrand over Trippier at left back 

Fixtures & TV Schedule 

Saturday 

Switzerland v taly 5pm Berlin BBC 1

Germany v Denmark  8pm Dortmund ITV 

Sunday 

England  v Slovakia 5pm Gelsenkirchen ITV

Spain v Gerorgia 8pm Cologne ITV

Monday 

France v Belgium 5pn Düsseldorf ITV

Portugal  v  Slovenia 5pm Frankfurt BBC 1

Tuesday 

Romania v Netherlands   

5pm Munich BBC 1

Austria  v Turkey 8pm Leipzig ITV 

• Thanks 1

Uefaschedule.thumb.jpg.a2e2671c355a7bc7e6190321f29683aa.jpg

Could be some interesting games in the top half, most likely either Spain or Germany going to the final.

Bottom half, not much to be excited about, England have a reasonable chance to get to the final again.

With Southgate’s luck, what are the odds for a Georgia vs England final?

• Thanks 1

I would have changed things if we had Holland but now we have Slovakia he has to do it. He has to utilise the squad, Kane, Bellingham and Saka out, with Watkins, Gordon and Palmer coming in. Let those 3 have a rest and bring them on if needed. 

Edited by WHY

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Gonna put it out, I think England are going shit themselves all the way to the final. 

play shit, look shit, but scrape all the results until they get there and get totally dicked by the other finalist 

Was saying at work today England will get to at least the semi final only scoring 1 more goal in the process

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was saying at work today England will get to at least the semi final only scoring 1 more goal in the process

Or do it the full Southgate way and win the whole thing without scoring one more single goal 

If England make the final now, their opponents through the tournament will have, at best, an average FIFA ranking of 29. Our knockout opponents alone would have an average of 25 (though admittedly Slovakia skew that a tonne being 57, Italy and Netherlands are 10 and 7)

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It was also my last time ever watching England in person other than England vs Germany in the last Euros at Wembley when a friend secured a ticket 24 hours before the game. I can't believe we had 29 shots that day!

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The quarter with Romania, Netherlands, Austria and Turkey is incredibly weak in reality. That gives Italy, Switzerland or Slovakia a great chance of getting to the final.

Austria have looked good whenever I’ve watched them. Could have a decent run in them with that draw. 

• Like 1

Â