Euro 2024: Round of 16

limpid

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Not a hope in hell. They simply are not good enough. This is a ropey Dutch side. They will struggle with Austria (assuming things go to plan tonight) on current form.

An England vs Netherlands semi final. A purist dream

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's been a dreadful tournament.  I suppose this is the new norm.

It’s been a great tournament. Cheer up

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

An England vs Netherlands semi final. A purist dream

Could be shown on death row to clear the cells out.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Turkey might throw a spanner in the works tonight. They are unpredictable and might cause Austria issues

You were saying??

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

That’s a horrendous decision to cost Romania the chance of a decent break

Only just saw that, I want VAR able to review those and punish people, not only is it a poor decision by the ref, but the player is faking a head injury, that should be a yellow, and I know VAR can't intervene for yellows, but blatant simulation should be an exception. 

Part of me even wants it to just be a straight red when it's done to stop a break, it's basically a yellow for denying a promising attack and a yellow for simulation, send the prick off.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Only just saw that, I want VAR able to review those and punish people, not only is it a poor decision by the ref, but the player is faking a head injury, that should be a yellow, and I know VAR can't intervene for yellows, but blatant simulation should be an exception. 

Part of me even wants it to just be a straight red when it's done to stop a break, it's basically a yellow for denying a promising attack and a yellow for simulation, send the prick off.

Has been the worst part of the tournament, players should be automatically banned for three games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Has been the worst part of the tournament, players should be automatically banned for three games

The more I think about it, the more I think a yellow is completely inadequate. It's not just the same as normal simulation, it's simulation that's attempting to tie the ref's hands and force them to stop the game, I'm all for a straight red.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The more I think about it, the more I think a yellow is completely inadequate. It's not just the same as normal simulation, it's simulation that's attempting to tie the ref's hands and force them to stop the game, I'm all for a straight red.

If it keeps happening refs might start ignoring them which can lead to a serious injury

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â