Conor Gallagher

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Fofana & Beier would be a nice haul. 

Two players completely unproven in the PL versus one player who is certain to contribute and slot straight into the first team. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Two players completely unproven in the PL versus one player who is certain to contribute and slot straight into the first team. 

That is correct. The PL is absolutely stacked with fantastic and successful players who were at one time unproven in the PL. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

That is correct. The PL is absolutely stacked with fantastic and successful players who were at one time unproven in the PL. 

Indeed, it's also not full of all the players who joined clubs in the league and then flopped. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Indeed, it's also not full of all the players who joined clubs in the league and then flopped. 

Absolutely.

Fwiw Fofana has more caps and minutes for France than Gallagher does for England. Or than Kamara has for France.

Will the player I suggest work in the PL? Remains to be seen. Is Gallagher even interested in joining Villa and will he be worth spending £50m or so on compared to what Fofana & Beier would offer? Again, who knows.

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Interesting. "the most interested" and not us.

I don't think we will be looking to spend in excess of £40m on a single player this summer.

Our finances suggest it might be hard next June but spending so big on Maatsen already and people can argue we got money for Kellyman to offset some.  

I just think with Monchi’s first big window as last summer he came in last minute, Emery signing a big new deal and saying we don’t just want to be one season in the CL and we know we need to add some real quality to attack the league, CL and domestic cups….I just don’t think the club are sitting back.  

The team will have a plan which will include bringing in quality and also sorting out finances, and I believe one incoming will be a big fee.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2024 at 11:12, sne said:

this is true too. There are always risks with signings amd none are 100% guaranteed. The hope is always that we have done sufficient fie diligence before spending the money. Our recent record is much improved since the arrival of Unai amd the recruitment team he has assembled around him. Hopefully that continues in this window and future windows and we can start to worry about the size of our trophy storage capacity!  UTV!!!!!!!!!!

On 05/07/2024 at 13:39, ozvilla28 said:

That's in Monchi hand. For me better value in Spain, France , Germany.

Kephrem Thuram contract for signing with Juventus is apparently just under 40k a week. Gallagher be probably wanting 3 or 4 times that

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think we will be looking to spend in excess of £40m on a single player this summer.

I do, might not be Gallagher but pretty confident we will be spending big somewhere. Why on earth would Unai hang around if we have no money to spend?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I do, might not be Gallagher but pretty confident we will be spending big somewhere. Why on earth would Unai hang around if we have no money to spend?

Did he have big money to spend at Villa real, yet he got them to CL semis? Besides, we already signed Maatsen for almost £40m, he could only dream to spend this amount on a player in Spain.

Edited by Czarnikjak

35 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Did he have big money to spend at Villa real, yet he got them to CL semis? Besides, we already signed Maatsen for almost £40m, he could only dream to spend this amount on a player in Spain.

No and that is highly likely a contributing factor to him leaving to join a club with funds.

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

No and that is highly likely a contributing factor to him leaving to join a club with funds.

Yep, and he was able to sign Diaby,  and Maatsen for example, players he would be unable to sign over there, we have lots of funds in comparison with Villarreal.

I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Maatsen ends up as our most expensive signing this summer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yep, and he was able to sign Diaby,  and Maatsen for example, players he would be unable to sign over there, we have lots of funds in comparison with Villarreal.

I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Maatsen ends up as our most expensive signing this summer.

I'd be amazed if Maatsen was tbh! And everything Unai has said about this not being a one off CL campaign leads me to think we will still be spending big.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So this thread is dead now after signing Onana

Hope so, think he is wildly overpriced for what he offers and never thought he'd be interested in moving here.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â