Conor Gallagher

18 minutes ago, allani said:

He's playing in a Southgate team that is making Jude Bellingham look more like a SHA player than a Real Madrid player.

It’s not just England, he what in old money we called “ a willing runner”, you don’t pay £50m for that, sorry

• Like 2

He’s a decent player, I wouldn’t judge any player under this fraud. Not one player has looked any good. Not saying I would sign Gallagher btw.

McGinn looked woeful this euros … Very comparable players in my opinion - just one has cult status for us and the other is a Chelsea boy through and through… you don’t buy players based on tournaments. £50mill is too steep for someone with a year left though on his contract 

He's obviously not a terrible player, but he's no where near a 50m player and I'd be surprised if Maresca plays him consistently this season.

Chelsea's best player last season, but even then the general consensus of their fans was that was only because he stood out in a poor team and his game suited Poch's murder ball tactics that was based on a high press.

If we're looking for someone to run around like a madman, he's world class, if we're looking for someone who can play football at a high technical level, there's many better players out there.

His performances for England aren't a barometer of his quality, but he's no where near the standard. Mainoo is overhyped to the max but he's already a much better footballer than Gallagher, even Barkley is a much better footballer.

Would be disappointed if we thought he could replace Dougie.

• Like 2

50m? 

How about half a bag of prawn cocktail crisps, half a ham sandwich and some spare change I found in my sofa?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

McGinn looked woeful this euros … Very comparable players in my opinion - just one has cult status for us and the other is a Chelsea boy through and through… you don’t buy players based on tournaments. £50mill is too steep for someone with a year left though on his contract 

I said it’s not just based on England, however his lack of tactical awareness, touch and technique gets exposed at this level (and would do in Champions League too!)

27 minutes ago, calcifer said:

50m? 

How about half a bag of prawn cocktail crisps, half a ham sandwich and some spare change I found in my sofa?

Tell us more about this sandwich, can it play down the centre in a mid 3?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

50m for Gallagher lol...

Doesn't look much of an upgrade on Kalvin Phillips.

I'd take a gamble on Kalvin Phillips at the right price. Emery can take any turd and polish it into the Koh I Noor

No no and no to Phillips - had his chance when he was good and now we’re good eh can **** off … any back to Gallagher - he could be a good pick up sub £30mill but for the money they’ll be expecting we will find better value elsewhere 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macandally said:

It’s not just England, he what in old money we called “ a willing runner”, you don’t pay £50m for that, sorry

Ok Grandad. Its 2024 and there is more to the game than just running.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Bellingham has looked very poor the last two matches yet he’s valued at what ?

Bellingham just won Bundesliga player of the year, then moved to Madrid and dominated the Spanish league. In that time Gallagher has managed to inspire Chelsea to 12th one year and then scrape Conference League the next. The comparison between them does say something, but it’s not what you think it is and it’s nothing to do with Southgate ;) 

• Like 1

The way he’s been deployed for England (2nd choice to a RB in his own position and then getting the scapegoat hook at halftime) I fear it could have a negative effect on him next season and he may very well regress as his confidence looks shot. 

Southgate has thrown him under the bus by first not selecting him and then subbing him at the first opportunity.

I think he’s a good player but we shouldn’t go anywhere near him this summer. 

8 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Bellingham has looked very poor the last two matches yet he’s valued at what ?

A couple of times the entire Slovenian squad?

11 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Ok Grandad. It’s 2024 and there is more to the game than just running.

Thanks for validating my point you numpty! 

• Haha 1

Â