Conor Gallagher

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I honestly think Southgate could make Rodri look shit. 

Look Rodri you have talent but I want you to model your game on Kalvin Phillips who is your 8th choice back up

genuinely think if he had a year with Emery, he'd be on the verge of world class territory. He has not had time with a quality manager, and we all saw what Unai has allowed McGinn to become. But, not sure this one will be going through after the potential Maatsen deal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Were just waiting for that moment of magic.

Ha that quote came to mind yesterday indeed. Gah two frauds of managers. Southgate is a cut above Gerrard, but on the scale of managers he's nowhere. 

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Was rubbish. Ran around a bit and got booked. Missed a few tackles as well.  Don't see the hype at all in this kid. 

Southgate manages to make Foden look bad. I wouldn’t take an individual performance in his team as a benchmark of anything. 

• Like 2

He'd no doubt be a useful player to have. No way do I think he's someone who should be a club record signing (or there about) on big salary.

I've not been a fan of us getting him as I always think you can buy what he offers (energy etc.) at a lower price than his price tag. We did so with McGinn previously and there's various others available who we could get for less than £20m. But in fairness to Gallagher, he's developed much more than I ever thought he would from his time with Poch.

Might have been with Frank or Potter but I remember him just running around and clattering people before getting sent off a few times. Now he's a bit more controlled and intelligent with his pressing and shows he's alright on the ball. Despite that, if the price is 40-50m...

spacer.png

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

What are their names?

Hjulmand would've been good to pick up. Was at Leece this time last year.

Sporting clube signed him for 15m so classic case of selling him for three times that now but even then he wouldn't cost that much more than Gallagher and would be on lower wages.

Agent Southgate is doing a great job;). Play him off the bench a couple more times and Chelsea will have to lop £10m off the asking price.

The thing is though, I don't think he has any intention of leaving them for us and he will stay there until he can go on a free and have his pick of clubs, or like ESR get another contract offer with them.  

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Youssouf Fofana
Manu Kone
Martin Zubimendi
Mikel Merino
Julien Ponceau
Enzo Millot
Florentino Luis

Khephren Thuram should be on this list as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The one game scouts have watched their one game. The verdict is…

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91fcnr2ls5grasthapyq

worst player ever 

The guy has played more than 125 PL games. Whether you think he’s good or bad, I don’t think he’s one people haven’t seen play ;) 

Â