Conor Gallagher

28 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Based on what? They're all playing under an idiot. None of them know what they're doing as a result. Therefore they all look out of their depth.

Like judging the performance of a Ferrari by how my 10 year old drives it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How can you rate him on todays game is bizarre. 

The whole team was shit including golden boy bellingham. Dont mean they are shit. The managers crappy tactics and setup is the reason everyone looks bad

Because even with poor tactics, they still looked like they could trap a bag of sand!

Gallaghers touch is woeful, I would guess the reason he played better toward end of season is Poch dropped him deeper so less pressure on that touch.

Today though he was also positionally all over the place

He's not a magician or particularly brilliant at any one thing. He's just solid, good at many things, and has boundless energy, stays fit, gets around the pitch. His stats speak for themselves. He's a bloody good player to have and build a team around. He's the engine room.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He's not a magician or particularly brilliant at any one thing. He's just solid, good at many things, and has boundless energy, stays fit, gets around the pitch. His stats speak for themselves. He's a bloody good player to have and build a team around. He's the engine room.

Spain just showed what an engine room looks like with Rodri and Fabian, like metronomes that control the pace of the game.

Having someone run around all over the place like a loon causes chaos.  Still not seeing it for Gallagher, energy yes, quality no

• Like 2

I think the interest in him is now dead given we're signing Maatsen instead.

Probably communicated to our camp he simply isn't interested in joining us so move on when a player gives that answer.

We're in CL with a World class manager. If players we want aren't that interested then don't spend months waiting for them to change their mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macandally said:

Spain just showed what an engine room looks like with Rodri and Fabian, like metronomes that control the pace of the game.

Having someone run around all over the place like a loon causes chaos.  Still not seeing it for Gallagher, energy yes, quality no

Find Rodri 2. I'm all over it. But to say Gallagher has no quality is not fair. And definitely not based on England games under this witless bumbaclart.

His energetic style makes him look out of control. He's definitely getting sent off at some point. Probably in a knockout game where he clatters someone to give away a pen and get a second yellow. 

23 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Man City's punishment for 115 charges should be Southgate in charge for 5 seasons. 

Worse than the 3 relegations worth of points deductions they should be getting that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Honestly reading this exchange I think I am starting to get now why some seem to rate him so highly. He’s the Premier League equivalent of the Sunday League team whose manager just shouts “work hard” at the team and loves Gallagher for it… even though 75% of the time he’s running in the wrong direction. But as English fans there’s a part of all of us nostalgic for those days of the 1980s.

• Like 1

Â