Conor Gallagher

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Gallagher and McKennie are not the same 

Neither are Luiz and Kamara.

I think we're building a different blend - but for me what we don't have yet is a ball player who can set tempo like Luiz does or a defensive midfielder who can tidy and carry like Kamara does. 

It looks like we're adding more of what we have, which will give us good depth in some areas, but some big needs still unfilled.

For what it's worth, I really like Gallagher, I think he's similar to McGinn in a lot of ways and could really help us - but I'm not sure he solves our midfield problems.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Neither are Luiz and Kamara.

I think we're building a different blend - but for me what we don't have yet is a ball player who can set tempo like Luiz does or a defensive midfielder who can tidy and carry like Kamara does. 

It looks like we're adding more of what we have, which will give us good depth in some areas, but some big needs still unfilled.

For what it's worth, I really like Gallagher, I think he's similar to McGinn in a lot of ways and could really help us - but I'm not sure he solves our midfield problems.

We want more engines in midfield. Both Weston and Conor can get assists, but Conor has more progressive passing forward. It’s also competition for McGinn. Our midfield is very one dimensional if McGinn or Dougie are blowing hot air. That was especially true with Bouba missing. The goal is to give us more bite in the middle too. Both players will chase balls down also. We’ve been way too easy to break down and glide through. The midfield was in need of an overhaul eventually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Gallagher and McKennie are not the same 

spacer.png

https://datamb.football/midfielders/

These point graph things are strange, they don’t really factor in team orders.  Like does Weston not like a forward pass or is asked to play more conservative to retain position better.

it’s hard to look at these and not think it’s not as black and white (pink and blue) as it seems  

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I will run round Aston Park naked with a frozen chicken on the end of my cock if he signs for us. Never ever gonna happen.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I will run round Aston Park naked with a frozen chicken on the end of my cock if he signs for us. Never ever gonna happen.

Bookmarked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Again?  I thought WMP had banned you from doing that? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I have a cunning plan, so cunning you could pin a tail to it and call it a weasel 😉

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

No mate, that was from kids parties after the misunderstanding with the sweet  in my pocket

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

You will be banned for life when we sign him then. 😀

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You will be banned for life when we sign him then. 😀

Not for the first time, banned that is

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

No mate, that was from kids parties after the misunderstanding with the sweet  in my pocket

I misread that as 'the tweet in my pocket' and suddenly thought maybe I'd misremembered what Lescott did wrong. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Spatchcock? 

Â