Conor Gallagher

20 hours ago, duke313 said:

Don't think Poch would have walked if their was any indication he might be kept, selling Gallagher was the reason he left.

Nah, that's exaggerated IMO. It was a symptom rather than the cause. Chelsea wanted a yes-man who is fine with little input on transfers and things immediately outside of picking the team etc. and Poch ostensibly felt he was better than that.

Given how things were starting to click, he was doing a good job there and had earned their trust, I feel.

I'm less worried about Chelsea next season than I was before the news came that he was off. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tinker said:

Duran is part of this equation, Duran plus £15m,.looks like good business from us if we can find a second striker.

Maybe Unai can transform Archer into a goal machine 

21 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Fair enough it’s a good point.

I’ll re-phrase mine.

If Villa spend £50M I would expect a game changer….someone really special.

Let Chelsea spend huge amounts on normal players because we can’t/wont do it.

didnt we spend 50m on DIaby?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Closer to £40m even with clauses

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

I've seen somewhere recently that we paid £35 million... wether that will go up with add-ons not sure, hence why I think Buendia is still our record signing at £38 million 

14 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

£32m plus add-ons.  

The 50M was in Euros, included all add-ons, and was rounded up to make it sound bigger and better.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well if we have FFP problems there is no way we are signing him any time soon until some players are sold

Why, accounting for buying players is very different to selling.  

53 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I've seen somewhere recently that we paid £35 million... wether that will go up with add-ons not sure, hence why I think Buendia is still our record signing at £38 million 

Yeah Ornstein said it was £34.6 plus add-ons.

Buendia was originally £30 million plus add-ons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well if we have FFP problems there is no way we are signing him any time soon until some players are sold

I get we are restricted by FFP but that goes for the majority of clubs.

Clubs that have FFP problems are surely the clubs that have to sell other wise they will breach....right.

We just have to sell to buy as i see it.

Not a problem more like enforced good practice.

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why, accounting for buying players is very different to selling.  

Just would seem mental we signing a 50m player while we failing to address our current accounts.

Tbh if it is 6 clubs in trouble then it shows this ffp is just too low a number and needs to be increased like we have proposed 

4 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Another ESR if that's the case, I'd rather we found someone hungry to play for us.

Would be delighted to wait and then get him on a free

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Adman said:

So would I but I doubt he would hold out if a bigger club were interested. Again this is all based on if it's true that he wants to wind down his contract.

Edited by TreeVillan

1 hour ago, Adman said:

If he leaves on a free he’ll go to whoever pays the biggest wages and that won’t be us.

45 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

If he leaves on a free he’ll go to whoever pays the biggest wages and that won’t be us.

Wages + Sign on fee. To be honest if I was him I'd wait 12 months and take the windfall. He will have plenty of options next summer.

Â