Conor Gallagher

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

isn't everybody?

Don't know how complex it is - but they seem to have removed all allowance for human nature in their approach, might yet work!

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Don't know how complex it is - but they seem to have removed all allowance for human nature in their approach, might yet work!

we''ll become second class to AI....Clever lot Humans.

We could hold all the cards here if they still want Duran, but it's if chelsea want him or Poch wanted him & of course if Emery wants to move Duran on, but offering Duran & £10-15 million could be smart business for us, but suppose if Chelsea want straight money & £50 million I don't see that working for us.

21 minutes ago, Strog said:

It’s not impossible at there has been a history of transfers between the two clubs. I can’t see him going to Arsenal as they have Rice, no other London club is worth talking about. I don’t see him going to one of the very top clubs as they are stocked with good midfielders.Then you look at Manure and Newcastle, the former is a more likely destination but Chelsea having sold Mount to them I doubt it. Money talks and Spurs can probably offer what we can’t at this time. He’ll likely end up signing a new 10 year contract and stay at Chelsea.

I mean he’s a Chelsea fan, not just a Chelsea player.  Much less likely he’d even think of going to Spurs so it’s not just about players moving between the two clubs.

Well if we we’ve had initial talks with Chelsea then I’m assuming we can offer what is required. 

Anything more than 30m for Gallagher is insane, he's got 1 year left on his contract.

He doesn't even get into our best 11 and for anything north of 40m we need to improve the 11.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:
1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Yeah it's lining up - Chelsea are governed by an algorithm these days 

isn't everybody?

I think my algorithm is broken… 😂

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TRO said:

we''ll become second class to AI....Clever lot Humans.

In my household I’m already second class so no change for me then 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Yeah this one isn't going away 

Honestly I like him, but it just depends on the money.

Gallagher and McGinn in a midfield is a tonne of energy.

For example, imagine Kamara sitting, with Gallagher and McGinn in front of him etc?

Just now, nick76 said:

In my household I’m already second class so no change me then 😂

I'll drink to that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Feel like there should be more pressure on chelsea to sell for a fair price if they are desperate to sell. 35-40 mill seems fair with 1 yr left.  Don't think they are really in a position to be asking for 50mill plus. 

Depends on number of buyers…more buyers, higher then price…sounds like us, Spurs and an overseas club interested at a minimum

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I doubt its going to be 50m tbh. Id say 40m + certain clauses. Thats abit more realistic 

Lets not forget another key strength gallagher has. LEADERSHIP

Thats massive attribute to have in your locker room. He will be great. Just hope he is playing with luiz as opposed to replacing him

Given the rumours and talk of us being so close with FFP/PSR, I can't see that unless we move him on or some others.

I'd move on a fair few players before him if possible, though - Carlos, Duran, Cash to name a few.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Wonder if JT has put a good word in for us. I'm quite excited by this potential signing.

I would be if it come off.

However, I am still anxious to see, players come in, who can helps us, not concede so many....61 was too many, having one of the best Goalkeepers around, compounds the issue.

I guess Midfield is part of that issue.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I mean he’s a Chelsea fan, not just a Chelsea player.  Much less likely he’d even think of going to Spurs so it’s not just about players moving between the two clubs.

Well if we we’ve had initial talks with Chelsea then I’m assuming we can offer what is required. 

Take your point. I think he’s a very good player and a leader, he instantly improves us. Let’s see how this pans out..

For me, he's worth £30m in the current market.  A £50m player sure, but with one year left and Chelsea desperate to shift him I feel we'd be overpaying to offer anything more. 

Duran has to be worth at least that much too. Signed for 20 (effectively), now with a year in England, and some impressive PL goals under his belt, he has to be worth at least £30m.

We're being had if we have to pay more for Gallagher than we get off then for Duran.

I reckon we'll end up with a £40m buy/sell that keeps us both happy from an FFP perspective this year, and slightly overvalues both players without attracting the suspicious eye of the fair value committee.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Given the rumours and talk of us being so close with FFP/PSR, I can't see that unless we move him on or some others.

I'd move on a fair few players before him if possible, though - Carlos, Duran, Cash to name a few.

problem, with that is, you need buyers.

clubs only want your best players.......as we do, with them.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

problem, with that is, you need buyers.

clubs only want your best players.......as we do, with them.

We've moved on quite a bit past that these days TRO, IMO - even our squad players are decent in their own right. We can definitely find buyers for those three. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Anything more than 30m for Gallagher is insane, he's got 1 year left on his contract.

He doesn't even get into our best 11 and for anything north of 40m we need to improve the 11.

it's what other teams are prepared to pay, determines the price.....supply & demand.

If in fact, he is legitimately up for sale....and not just noise.

22 minutes ago, Frodo said:

We could hold all the cards here if they still want Duran, but it's if chelsea want him or Poch wanted him & of course if Emery wants to move Duran on, but offering Duran & £10-15 million could be smart business for us, but suppose if Chelsea want straight money & £50 million I don't see that working for us.

4 ifs = I know as much as you.😄

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He doesn't even get into our best 11 

I think we have to move away from this thinking.

He certainly gets in our " best 14 " or 15 though, it's about improving the quality of the squad as a whole.

Again, we just had Tim Iroegbunam and Chambers coming on for us in League games.

We aren't in the " First 11 " category anymore and it's how you improve.

Top teams sign squad fillers worse than him for similar or higher fees sadly.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â