Conor Gallagher

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I doubt its going to be 50m tbh. Id say 40m + certain clauses. Thats abit more realistic 

Lets not forget another key strength gallagher has. LEADERSHIP

Thats massive attribute to have in your locker room. He will be great. Just hope he is playing with luiz as opposed to replacing him

Agree, buying Gallagher for £50m and selling Luiz for anything less than that is a bad deal indeed. 

4 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Agree, buying Gallagher for £50m and selling Luiz for anything less than that is a bad deal indeed. 

It does make no sense becauss luiz has two years left gallagher has one so therefore if luiz is sold because he wont re sign it will be more than the 50m

• Like 1

I'd be happy with this signing but the only way this happens is if Duran goes the other way. Chelsea got £55 million + adds on for Mason Mount in a similar situation last summer so they are going to want something similar with Gallagher and his not really looking to leave like Mount was. I don't see Villa paying that sort of money for him personally. 

With Gallagher going to the Euros I expect this to drag on well into July, that's if the club are still interested in him unless they come up with a FFP deal that suits both parties for Gallagher/Duran over the next few days which I think is unlikely. 

Maybe it's his agent linking us so he gets a new deal at Chelsea if he has 1 year left on his contract?

• Like 1

I think like other posters this only really makes sense if someone is going out the door. And call me sentimental but I don't like the idea of any of our midfielders leaving at the moment.

Posted (edited)

I can't see this happening....He's a London boy, and wants to stay there....and we are not currently in the £50 mill market.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I doubt its going to be 50m tbh. Id say 40m + certain clauses. Thats abit more realistic 

Lets not forget another key strength gallagher has. LEADERSHIP

Thats massive attribute to have in your locker room. He will be great. Just hope he is playing with luiz as opposed to replacing him

Ideally, we have both.....Conor has energy, effervescence, and a sustained presser.....attributes we are short of.....but I can't see it happening.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't see this happening....He's a London boy, and wants to stay there.

I haven’t seen him say that? Is that something he’s said?  I can imagine him wanting to stay at his home town club but other than that….

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I haven’t seen him say that? Is that something he’s said?  I can imagine him wanting to stay at his home town club but other than that….

No, it's just my take on it....intuition.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

No, it's just my take on it....intuition.

Given we’ve apparently held initial talks with Chelsea I’m guessing we’ve already sounded out Gallagher and thus got some positive signs at least.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given we’ve apparently held initial talks with Chelsea I’m guessing we’ve already sounded out Gallagher and thus got some positive signs at least.

“Talks” implies there’s no instant rejection at least 

So I believe we’re are at this stage of the deal

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91q6brq5frmsvmysdzwc

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't see this happening....He's a London boy, and wants to stay there....and we are not currently in the £50 mill market.

I can definitely se this happening. Although he may have wanted to stay at Chelsea, it seems pretty obvious he's been told that he's going 'for the good of the club'. There's  been hardly any discussion around a new contract and if you believe the journos it's one of the reasons Poch jacked it in. I don't think he'd have any issues moving to Brum - he lived up here for a season while on loan at Tescobags FC up the road so knows the area.....and I doubt the fee will be £50m unless it involves some contrived deal involving Duran.

If his heart is set on staying down Saarf, he'll go to Spurs but doubt he'd get the same contract off Levy that Villa would offer ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Maybe it's his agent linking us so he gets a new deal at Chelsea if he has 1 year left on his contract?

Chelsea dont want to give him a new contract

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He's the sort of player who you don't appreciate till he plays for your club and you see what he does week in week out. 

He's very much like what James Milner was for us when he was moved into the centre. 

Haven't seen a ton of Gallagher but would be delighted with the energy of another Milner

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can’t see it purely from a financial point of view. The fee will be huge and then there’s the wages to consider. I think if he were to move Spurs is more likely..

• Like 1

Â