Conor Gallagher

40 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I hope we don't, because it seems like a waste of money to me. We need a proper DM, not Barkley and Gallagher. One of them and DM fine. But I don’t see us sign 3 midfield players. Plus we need to sort the defense out. 

So far none of the links are solutions to our problems. I am getting worried. 

Wouldn't worry mate. Trust in me and Emery. We rate Gallagher.

• Like 3

Honestly this forum :D I'm in on this signing, and think he'd be a great addition. The fact we are in for the Chelsea captain alone, we are back baby. 

I love Luiz, and I am not saying Gallagher should be his replacement btw, but I think we'll see a fair bit of maneuvering in the market, and if Luiz is sacrificed (wages ask, only 2 years left, good resell value still), unfortunately he'd be the one I'd be more comfortable with leaving.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Connor wants to move because Chelsea won’t give him the 125-150k he wants in wages. They also need the pure profit from the sale.

If he could get the wages, he’d stay. 

He’s leaving Chelsea and it’s one of the reasons Poch left the club. 

I think it would be a great move for us. I think he offers more than Luiz. 

Although Luiz is clearly the more talented footballer I do think Gallagher offers a lot to the teams he has played in. He is everywhere.

Id love us to have them both.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brum_Aus_Villan said:

Honestly this forum :D I'm in on this signing, and think he'd be a great addition. The fact we are in for the Chelsea captain alone, we are back baby. 

I love Luiz, and I am not saying Gallagher should be his replacement btw, but I think we'll see a fair bit of maneuvering in the market, and if Luiz is sacrificed (wages ask, only 2 years left, good resell value still), unfortunately he'd be the one I'd be more comfortable with leaving.  

Agree with this

Gallagher gives us something we lacked the back end of the season and something I think is probably the only fault I can have of Dougie. He doesn't graft as much/as consistently as required in our system - when it is there we are pushing top of the table but all too often I notice its absence (and at a complete stretch there have been numerous occasions of Emery screaming at him from the touchline).

I like this signing if it were to happen.

I would love to see Gallagher at the Villa.  Cole Palmer got all the plaudits this season at Chelsea, but Gallagher was right up there with him in terms of consistency and performance.  Like McGinn, he was forced to play a lot of the season much further back in the midfield than where his is best because of midfield injuries at Chelsea.  If Gallagher is indeed headed to Villa Park, I think that means someone is headed out with both Gallagher and Barkley coming in, and that might be Luiz or Tielemans. 

7 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I hope we don't, because it seems like a waste of money to me. We need a proper DM, not Barkley and Gallagher. One of them and DM fine. But I don’t see us sign 3 midfield players. Plus we need to sort the defense out. 

So far none of the links are solutions to our problems. I am getting worried. 

1) There is still ten weeks of the transfer window left, we can get both.

2) Would you spend £50,000,000 on a DM knowing Kamara will be back in the Autumn? Emery's formation allows for one specific DM, we need good back up for Kamara, not a replacement. 

3) Barkley and Gallagher are completely different midfielders, they do different things in different parts of the pitch. 

Apart from that, good post.

32 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

2) Would you spend £50,000,000 on a DM knowing Kamara will be back in the Autumn? Emery's formation allows for one specific DM, we need good back up for Kamara, not a replacement. 

Kamara has had at least 2 significant periods of injury since he joined us and isn’t likely to be match fit until winter. We need a high quality rotational option not just a back up. We were terrible defensively without him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spiezels said:

Luiz replacement right? 

Nope. I think what Emery is doing is building the depth he needs to Compete in CL, Premier League and add in a pressing game. To do this he needs players like Gallagher and he needs quality depth in midfield. 

We see a CM when we see these players, Emery see's players who can play anywhere in the double pivot, wide mid who become narrow 10s or the 10/s-s role. Lots of talented adaptable midfielders. I think Gallagher is a good partner for Luiz in CM 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Emery knows what we need and most of the links are absolute nonsense.

I disagree on Gallagher tho, as I think he would flourish under Unai.

The Barkley and Gallagher links seem real. 

Gallagher probably isn't going anywhere till after the Euros.

I don't operate on blind faith. Emery has proven to be a fantastic manager, and has done an excellent job so far, but he is still only a human being.

Â