Conor Gallagher

I don’t like Gallagher, but I know that’s only because he’s a Chelsea player. He’s a really decent player who would improve us for sure, but not in place of Doug, only to improve the squad. I’d instantly like him if he signs for Villa.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is what I mean. People talking like he’s some clogger

He’s a really good player 😂

Jesus, it's getting more and more difficult to have any sort of conversation on here. 

People don't read, they just adopt their high horse position and sneer.

Where has anyone said clogger?

Do you not think McGinn is a technically sound player?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Jesus, it's getting more and more difficult to have any sort of conversation on here. 

People don't read, they just adopt their high horse position and sneer.

Where has anyone said clogger?

Do you not think McGinn is a technically sound player?

It was the tone of the post, and others. It sounded like an insult. Sorry if I got that wrong

• Like 1

I hope we don't, because it seems like a waste of money to me. We need a proper DM, not Barkley and Gallagher. One of them and DM fine. But I don’t see us sign 3 midfield players. Plus we need to sort the defense out. 

So far none of the links are solutions to our problems. I am getting worried. 

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I hope we don't, because it seems like a waste of money to me. We need a proper DM, not Barkley and Gallagher. One of them and DM fine. But I don’t see us sign 3 midfield players. Plus we need to sort the defense out. 

I wouldn't worry about it. Emery knows what we need and most of the links are absolute nonsense.

I disagree on Gallagher tho, as I think he would flourish under Unai.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Noted, on June 5th, you were worried...

When have any of our signings in the last couple of seasons been "big news"

Worry is interest paid on tomorrow's troubles...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m really surprised at the amount of people turning their nose up at Gallagher. Really surprised. 

He’s very good

how are you surprised? it's standard villatalk. if his name was carlos gallaghro from river plate who no **** had ever seen play most on here would be all over it

the guy was pretty much the main reason chelsea came back from 2 down against us just a few weeks ago

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he has a good euro’s, I doubt we’ll sign him tbh. 

I imagine it'll be in Chelsea's best interest to sell before 30th June: it could end up moving pretty fast so it gets sorted before the Euros

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See to me the compromise is we're buying Gallagher for £50m, we're selling Duran, we scratch each others backs and make the PSR problems go away

If we do this double deal but then still need to sell Luiz or Ramsey to balance the books then it's not worth it 

Unless Luiz wants the move and is pushing?

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Unless Luiz wants the move and is pushing?

Seems weird to push now that we are finally in the Champions League amd could be pushing for a trophy next season? Why not last year when we were further from those goals?

9 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Not sure if it can happen but a midfield of Kamara, Luiz and Gallagher would be very very good.

There’s a possibility Emery changes/tweaks  the system this summer into his favoured 4-3-3. The alternate 3 becomes Barkley, Tielemans and SJM.

Between those 6 we’d have stonking options, and with JJ or Rogers to play LF we might not even bother with a new signing there (Bailey and Diaby being the options on the right). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

There’s a possibility Emery changes/tweaks  the system this summer into his favoured 4-3-3. The alternate 3 becomes Barkley, Tielemans and SJM.

This would be suicide

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seem to recall at least one of these people spent last summer talking about how rubbish Declan Rice is, so can't say I'm particularly surprised. 

He's good.

But he isn't as good technically in space as Luiz.

But he has other good qualities.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

This would be suicide

Playing a midfield 3 out of those 6 players is suicide? Okay, why? 

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

For me, it's that I can't see how we buy Gallagher and keep Luiz. Which if that's the case, seems like at best it's like for like. If it's Luiz + Gallagher then I love it. 

We can't. Unless we fancy a nice points deduction 

I'm a little unsure on Gallagher. no doubt he's a good player, but I always feel he moves the ball a bit slowly whenever I've seen him play. If signing him means we have to lose Luiz i'm unsure if there's much benefit there.

Though, would trust Unai's opinion more on it than mine. 

Â