Conor Gallagher

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I would love him in addition to what we have. But Luiz out and Gallagher in, yeah I can't get behind that. I know Unai can make it work, but it feels like we're hamstringing ourselves.

I’m sure if circumstances were different it wouldn’t have to happen. Our hand is likely forced, it’s will be a compromise.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not sure why it would be a firm no when Luiz is only slightly better in those four areas.

It was an attempt at humour. Sorry.

Very happy if Gallagher plays his football here next season.

Gallagher is a good player. He's a runner. A grafter. Not sure that makes him a £50m footballer we should be buying.

He's much better without the ball than with it, and in that way, I'm not sure he suits us particularly.

Kamara is better on the ball and has a brain fart every few games when he loses it outside our box.

Gallagher obviously not as talented as Luiz, doesn't mean we can't improve with him coming into the side though.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m really surprised at the amount of people turning their nose up at Gallagher. Really surprised. 

He’s very good

Seem to recall at least one of these people spent last summer talking about how rubbish Declan Rice is, so can't say I'm particularly surprised. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Seem to recall at least one of these people spent last summer talking about how rubbish Declan Rice is, so can't say I'm particularly surprised. 

Yep

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Gallagher is a good player. He's a runner. A grafter. Not sure that makes him a £50m footballer we should be buying.

He's much better without the ball than with it, and in that way, I'm not sure he suits us particularly.

Kamara is better on the ball and has a brain fart every few games when he loses it outside our box.

Gallagher obviously not as talented as Luiz, doesn't mean we can't improve with him coming into the side though.

Might be more consistant though, 110% every game from Gallagher.

The only thing I don't like is the idea of helping Chelsea out of their financial black hole

I thought as a community, football clubs could make a pact to not sign any of their players and grind them into bankruptcy 

Ah well, a boy can dream

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No passing no composure just roadrunner midfielders. £50m for Gallagher is outrageous. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m really surprised at the amount of people turning their nose up at Gallagher. Really surprised. 

He’s very good

For me, it's that I can't see how we buy Gallagher and keep Luiz. Which if that's the case, seems like at best it's like for like. If it's Luiz + Gallagher then I love it. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s very good

He's alright yeah.

Just not sure we should be spending big on a player like him.  A runner whose technical qualities on the ball are worse than John McGinn.

The team is what matters, if we get better universally because of this, all good.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

No passing no composure just road runner midfielders. £50m for Gallagher is outrageous. 

Harsh, but understand the point.

He's not bad, but he doesn't fit.

Posted (edited)

No way Dougs going, he's happy and we need to improve the midfield not stand still or regress. How many top 4 teams sell their best players? None.

Gallagher would really help the squad, maybe force his way into the first team, great signing, if it happens.

Edited by tinker

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Might be more consistant though, 110% every game from Gallagher.

Is he? Luiz has played more PL football and played better PL football than Gallagher.

Do you think Doug doesn't try?

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

No passing no composure just roadrunner midfielders. £50m for Gallagher is outrageous. 

Whole team built around keeping possession and building out slowly from the back. Replacing our best midfielder at doing that with someone who is more known for his engine and goal-scoring makes no sense. Makes me think we're probably not selling Luiz.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I’m sure if circumstances were different it wouldn’t have to happen. Our hand is likely forced, it’s will be a compromise.

See to me the compromise is we're buying Gallagher for £50m, we're selling Duran, we scratch each others backs and make the PSR problems go away

If we do this double deal but then still need to sell Luiz or Ramsey to balance the books then it's not worth it 

• Like 3

I reckon there could be truth in the Gallagher rumour. Chelsea are like Leonardo Di Caprio with women... Once they get to 24 years old they want to get rid of them and trade the player in for a younger version.

• Haha 1

I don't think it's a case of (hypothetically, obviously) Gallagher comes in and is expected to replace what Luiz offers. He's a different profile of player and would offer a kind of presence in midfield that is often lacking. The team generally lacks athleticism in that area of the pitch and it does need addressing, whereas the likes of Tielemans and Barkley already bring similar qualities to Luiz in terms of ball progression and general ability in possession. 

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's alright yeah.

Just not sure we should be spending big on a player like him.  A runner whose technical qualities on the ball are worse than John McGinn.

The team is what matters, if we get better universally because of this, all good.

This is what I mean. People talking like he’s some clogger

He’s a really good player 😂

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is what I mean. People talking like he’s some clogger

He’s a really good player 😂

There is a middle ground between "technically worse than John McGinn" and "clogger" that still allows him to be a really good player. It's not a slight on him to say he doesn't exactly stand out on the ball. He's a different profile of player than say Douglas Luiz or Rodri.

Â