Conor Gallagher

Superb player......would like to think he would be brought in to add competition for Doug but it sounds more and more likely that he would be his replacement. 

9 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Oh, hello...

Just makes sense, we pay £50m for Gallagher and they pay £30m for Duran we both go home happy. 

• Like 1

In a hypothetical situation, If we’re able to bring in Barkley, Gallagher and McKennie for the sale of Douglas Luiz, it’s not the end of the world imo…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

This link has “shady swap deal for John Duran that miraculously solves both of our PSR issues” vibes all over it. 

We pay what can be deems "high" prices for both players so as to help our PSR situations. Nothing to see here. 

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

In a hypothetical situation, If we’re able to bring in Barkley, Gallagher and McKennie for the sale of Douglas Luiz, it’s not the end of the world imo…

Sadly Luiz is most replaceable of our best players. I don't think he will be sold though

Posted (edited)

Pretty much what Ornstein said on The Athletic podcast this morning. He sounded more speculative than confident and mentioned Spurs were in the running too.

Edited by nepal_villan

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We pay what can be deems "high" prices for both players so as to help our PSR situations. Nothing to see here. 

It's £70m for Duran then. Thanks.

He would be a decent signing but its such a strange market thesedays where you’ll potentially have 2 players leaving clubs, when they don’t necessarily want to leave; in Luiz & Gallagher. How that affects a mind and future performance, only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Just makes sense, we pay £50m for Gallagher and they pay £30m for Duran we both go home happy. 

It does — but it’s also Chelsea, make them pay 50m for Duran and we basically go swap for swap… or 40mill for 40mill, both parties happy. 

We have Monchi after all, the guy is a tough negotiator and we’re dealing with Chelsea so they throw money like it’s nothing 

Just now, trillvillan said:

It does — but it’s also Chelsea, make them pay 50m for Duran and we basically go swap for swap… or 40mill for 40mill, both parties happy. 

We have Monchi after all, the guy is a tough negotiator and we’re dealing with Chelsea so they throw money like it’s nothing 

Hope so, because that reported Juve deal for Douglas Luiz seems terrible for Villa.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Think the amounts will need to be somewhat realistic or else it will face scrutiny.  

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Hope so, because that reported Juve deal for Douglas Luiz seems terrible for Villa.  

It really does, super terrible deal.

I trust Monchi and I think the reported stuff is just Italian media stirring the pot, similar to what Barcelona does in Spain. 

I’m judging Monchi off his past and he’s been known to be very shrewd and a tough negotiator. If Chelsea want their “number 9”, great, but you’re going to pay up for it. 

On 01/06/2024 at 15:38, Adam2003 said:

Is this bit a joke? They’d both be in and starting this summer if they were fit. 

Anyway - that’s an aside as I wasn’t the one who said he’s only in the squad because he plays for Chelsea - in fact I totally disagree with that, he’s in because there are basically no other credible options. In central midfield he’s hoping to get in ahead of maybe Lewis Cook and Adam Wharton (and Jordan Henderson and Kalvin Phillips who have been binned off) - so I think if he was that good he’d definitely have established himself more. He’s currently probably behind Kobbie Mainoo in the pecking order whose whole career has been six OK months. England are still a good team but the CM options are pretty pathetic at the moment unfortunately - that and left back is what will cost us this summer (well, and Southgate).

None of this relevant really as to whether he would be a good signing or not, but I don’t think we should delude ourselves about his level or the level needed to play CM for England right now! They were comfortably outclassed by our own Youri Tielemans in the last break. 

Do you mean Rice and Bellingham?

If we sign Gallagher then that would pretty much rule out McKennie, which in it's turn would rule out Luiz going to Juventus, which seems unlikely anyway. Either way I doubt Gallagher would be a Luiz replaement, as they have completely different skillsets, Gallagher is closer to McGinn, and we wouldn't replace Luiz with McGinn, not long-term anyway.

• Like 2

Â