Conor Gallagher

1 minute ago, Strog said:

I can’t see it purely from a financial point of view. The fee will be huge and then there’s the wages to consider. I think if he were to move Spurs is more likely..

A real Chelsea boy moving to spurs 

He be walking in to talks like 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe913klpf97epqt40845ax

• Like 1

I'd take him for 50m. I really think he can be as influential (maybe less likable) as McGinn over the next 6 years or so. 

The main reason for me is his ball retention and passing ability. He starts everything for Chelsea, and when I think of him getting a move started to release Bailey or Watkins, I get excited. 

4 minutes ago, Strog said:

I can’t see it purely from a financial point of view. The fee will be huge and then there’s the wages to consider. I think if he were to move Spurs is more likely..

Really? A Chelsea boy moving to Spurs…that’d be like Ramsey moving to Blose if they were in the PL…

Why are other top clubs not sniffing around if he’s available for 40m or less?  He’s not a top player.  From a non English supporter, i think because he’s English, it’s skewing alot of our fans judgement. 

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A real Chelsea boy moving to spurs 

He be walking in to talks like 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe913klpf97epqt40845ax

Is that the Spurs away kit for next season..

£50m seems about right to me, if he was our player I would be wanting at least that for him, Ramsey when playing well people talk about as a £60m plus player, Gallagher is on a similar level to him, and if anything more proven over a longer period of time, albeit I think Ramsey has the higher ceiling, just needs to stay fit. Gibbs-White and Gordon went for £40m when they were no where near as proven as Gallagher is, and I'd stil take Gallagher over both of them even though they're more established now, both would cost £50 plus.

Initially I wasn't a fan of this move...

But looking at those statistics and in comparison to Luiz he seems a better fit for Emery's Villa.

Sorry to see Luiz go if that is the case but it's all about the Villa, right?

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really? A Chelsea boy moving to Spurs…that’d be like Ramsey moving to Blose if they were in the PL…

It’s not impossible at there has been a history of transfers between the two clubs. I can’t see him going to Arsenal as they have Rice, no other London club is worth talking about. I don’t see him going to one of the very top clubs as they are stocked with good midfielders.Then you look at Manure and Newcastle, the former is a more likely destination but Chelsea having sold Mount to them I doubt it. Money talks and Spurs can probably offer what we can’t at this time. He’ll likely end up signing a new 10 year contract and stay at Chelsea.

2 hours ago, MSvillain said:

Can’t see us paying £50m with one year left on his contract, unless they pay an equally inflated fee for Duran 

Chelsea sold Mount for more than that when he only had a year left.  They'll ask for similar for Gallagher.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Given we’ve apparently held initial talks with Chelsea I’m guessing we’ve already sounded out Gallagher and thus got some positive signs at least.

has he said that?😛

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

They will if player says he will only move to spurs. 

I don't think the player would leave for Spurs either, given he's a Chelsea fan. 

• Like 1

It was £50 million last summer 🤔 I believe he is now in his last year, they won't be getting £50 million.... Do they have to sell before the end of June? To balance the books this financial year ?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah it's lining up - Chelsea are governed by an algorithm these days 

isn't everybody?

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

It was £50 million last summer 🤔 I believe he is now in his last year, they won't be getting £50 million.... Do they have to sell before the end of June? To balance the books this financial year ?

Appears so

Feel like there should be more pressure on chelsea to sell for a fair price if they are desperate to sell. 35-40 mill seems fair with 1 yr left.  Don't think they are really in a position to be asking for 50mill plus. 

Â