Conor Gallagher

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Gallagher to Luiz is a swap I’d be pretty happy with to be honest

No way. Completely different players for starters. Gallagher adds more defensively and in the press but he doesn't have the guile and creativity that Luiz has.

If we lose Luiz and only add Gallagher (and Barkley of course), I'd be pretty underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I wouldn't. Basically lose our ability to retain possession under pressure, especially if Kamara is not playing. Gallagher is more of a McGinn replacement, and I wouldn't even be happy with that.

We need two decent players for each position, we could be play over 50 very competitive games next season. It’s a squad game nowadays. 

Chelsea are in decline, they looked like they were pulling it together and then the owner steps in and destroys their progress.

Poch is a World class manager, they have swapped him for a championship manager, it's an step backwards, the players Will want stability, they ain't getting it at Chelsea. The owners openly controlling the transfers in and  out, its a disaster for them.

Conner Will want a move to a stable club who are top 4, after that it's wages.

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are not going to spend 40+ million on Gallagher to not play most weeks and McGinn is our captain will also start most weeks

If it is Luiz out and Gallagher in, it is as bad a swap as we could find

I think there is going to be a hell of a lot more rotation next season to this year tbh zatman

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We need two decent players for each position, we could be play over 50 very competitive games next season. It’s a squad game nowadays. 

Yeah I would love him in addition to what we have. But Luiz out and Gallagher in, yeah I can't get behind that. I know Unai can make it work, but it feels like we're hamstringing ourselves.

• Like 3

Connor wants to move because Chelsea won’t give him the 125-150k he wants in wages. They also need the pure profit from the sale.

If he could get the wages, he’d stay. 

He’s leaving Chelsea and it’s one of the reasons Poch left the club. 

I think it would be a great move for us. I think he offers more than Luiz. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Connor wants to move because Chelsea won’t give him the 125-150k he wants in wages. They also need the pure profit from the sale.

There must be a Haiku in there somewhere. 

I’d be really pleased to sign Gallagher, he’s a top talent. However, I would only be so pleased if it was in addition to what we have and not at the expense of Dougie. I think Gallagher and Luiz would compliment each other.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The fact that this is the case tells you all you need to know about how good Gallagher is.

Oh, and him being Emery's top target too...

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Gallagher, McGinn, Luiz, Tielemans, Kamara and Barkley would be some midfield. Add to that a fit Ramsey, Buendia, Rogers, Bailey and Diaby then we are in pretty good shape! 

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Gallagher, McGinn, Luiz, Tielemans, Kamara and Barkley would be some midfield. Add to that a fit Ramsey, Buendia, Rogers, Bailey and Diaby then we are in pretty good shape! 

There’s no way we sign Gallagher and we keep Ramsey/Luiz.

Luiz is gone I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There’s no way we sign Gallagher and we keep Ramsey/Luiz.

Luiz is gone I think. 

Yep. Absolutely no way those 2 are staying if we did sign Gallagher. 

I think Luiz is off anyway tbh.

Ramsey will be hard to shift for a decent fee cos if his injuries though.

Still don't think we will get Gallagher but would like it if we did.

26 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The only things I’m interested in are:

1.   Shot creating actions

2.   Passes attempted 

3.   Non-penalty goals 

and 

4.   Aerials won

It’s a firm no from me.

Not sure why it would be a firm no when Luiz is only slightly better in those four areas.

Â