Conor Gallagher

Just now, Zatman said:

We are not going to spend 40+ million on Gallagher to not play most weeks and McGinn is our captain will also start most weeks

If it is Luiz out and Gallagher in, it is as bad a swap as we could find

Emery will take Gallagher up a notch or two, like he did with Luiz.

IMG_0211.jpeg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Gallagher is not giving the vibes of someone who wants a move. This was last night.

to be fair in these kind of situations he's hardly go to say? " ****' enzo who?" never heard of him mate

Perhaps this is Unai’s way of reducing the number of shots that we’re facing? I appreciate that what a midfield with Gallagher and potentially no Dougie loses in creativity, it gains in athleticism and work rate. 

I'm pretty sure Gallagher will actively not want to come here from Chelsea.

It'll have to be Chelsea pushing him out the door. Which is what they might do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I doubt he's thrilled about leaving his boyhood club that he's captain of just to help meet PSR rules, especially when those rules are disappearing after next season anyway, but on the other hand his departure has been so widely trailed (for about six months intensively, and a year or so in general) that he's probably very resigned to it at this stage. It could be worse than getting to play in the Champions League next season and being managed by Emery. 

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I’d imagine the majority of Chelsea fans want to keep him since he’s local. They played much better when Enzo was out with Gallagher and Caicedo in the pivot.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:
7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I doubt he's thrilled about leaving his boyhood club that he's captain of just to help meet PSR rules, especially when those rules are disappearing after next season anyway, but on the other hand his departure has been so widely trailed (for about six months intensively, and a year or so in general) that he's probably very resigned to it at this stage. It could be worse than getting to play in the Champions League next season and being managed by Emery. 

Probably like when Grealish left us to go to Man City, Gallagher will want to leave Chelsea for the bigger club in Villa 😁

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

50 bills for a lad with one year left? I think Monchi could swing something cheaper

If they need 50 to meet PSR and we need (for example) 40 then we just both agree to pay those fees for CG and JD. Neither fee is outside the bounds of reality so it sorts out both parties problems. 

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are not going to spend 40+ million on Gallagher to not play most weeks and McGinn is our captain will also start most weeks

If it is Luiz out and Gallagher in, it is as bad a swap as we could find

Zatman in hating promising English player shocker

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2024 at 16:18, Leeroy said:

Chilwell was fit for the tournament, he just decided not to take him. James had missed most of the season but was in theory fit and available for selection. Not too dissimilar to Guehi who missed pretty much all of the second half of the season and still was selected and he plays for mid table Crystal Palace.

And your final sentence is explained because Tielemans is a class player and Belgium are still one of the best teams in Europe, even if they aren’t as good as a few years ago. They flopped at the World Cup but so did Germany. 

My point was more around Villa expecting to sign players that start for England, regardless of the strength or weakness of the position that player plays. We haven’t had a guaranteed starter for England since the playing days of Southgate himself, maybe Gareth Barry at a push, but he’d joined City by the time of 2010 World Cup when he was a regular at a major tournament.

Back to the point, I’d be happy to sign Gallagher but I think there are more urgent positions we should strengthen first so I’m not fussed either way really. I just don’t want him as a direct replacement if we sell Luiz because that would be a dumb move.

Are you honestly suggesting Reece James wouldn’t be in the England squad if he had been playing and/or was fully fit?

Hes one of the best fullbacks in the world. He just can’t stay fit for more than 5 minutes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Zatman in hating promising English player shocker

24 is promising now? I know was that on going Lingard joke but come on

Not a big fan of overrated players. No issue with actual young players Ramsey, Rogers etc

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Are you honestly suggesting Reece James wouldn’t be in the England squad if he had been playing and/or was fully fit?

Hes one of the best fullbacks in the world. He just can’t stay fit for more than 5 minutes

Both Reece James and Ben Chilwell were fit and available for Euros selection, they weren't taken.

It's probably because James is so injury prone that he wasn't taken, because he hasn't been able to stay fit for more than 5 minutes the last year or 2. 

I agree he is a world class full back when fit. 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Gallagher to Luiz is a swap I’d be pretty happy with to be honest

I wouldn't. Basically lose our ability to retain possession under pressure, especially if Kamara is not playing. Gallagher is more of a McGinn replacement, and I wouldn't even be happy with that.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

More charts

IMG_0213.jpeg

The only things I’m interested in are:

1.   Shot creating actions

2.   Passes attempted 

3.   Non-penalty goals 

and 

4.   Aerials won

It’s a firm no from me.

• Confused 1

Â