Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

3rd Round European Cup from 1982-83 at Villa Park as cup holders. We lost, of course. Only £4.50 (about £20 today) 🤣. Still, perhaps misleading to talk about the good ole days without acknowledging that terracing (still banned for UEFA) nurtured a more economically diverse fan base. Taking away terracing makes it harder to do that, don't it?

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What other club would do that? We ourselves built 3 new stands in the 90s while we were regularly competing for trophies and managed 3 top 4 finishes.

It was B.S. if they decided we had to rebuild the whole stadium they wouldn't find an alternative venue with ad many seats as a Villa Park of 3 stands.

Construction costs at all time high?

I've bought the pro home kit, the fan away, the black GK kit. All with club print and UCL badges.

I don't attend games, I'm too far away. I've done my part to pick up the financial cost. Oh, I'm also a claret member: I'd pay for more than that to support the club.

Villa is my club, but it isn't mine: that belongs to the locals who grew up there.

There has to be a balance of how the club can meet all of our ambitions. I'm happy to pay more for my membership, the club needs to explore this. To be honest, its gameday product (other than the game itself) is sorely lacking and needs real attention. People aren't going to pay 100 pounds to stand in piss. You can get $150 for a game ticket in the US for a lot of matches, even playoff matches (which this would be akin to) but you need to have your basics sorted.

• Like 3

Has the champions league bubble burst before a ball is even kicked ? We were desperate to get there, elated when we did it and now it’s all gone bits up off the pitch. Hopefully we beat the teams we should and cause a few upsets against the so called better teams, otherwise it’s going to be a long and miserable season on VT.

16 minutes ago, smg said:

Has the champions league bubble burst before a ball is even kicked ? We were desperate to get there, elated when we did it and now it’s all gone bits up off the pitch. Hopefully we beat the teams we should and cause a few upsets against the so called better teams, otherwise it’s going to be a long and miserable season on VT.

No. That night is still going to be explosive, people cannot help themselves. And that's what the club has banked on.

My only wish for a "protest" is that it is signage from the fans, but the ones there bring their outrage, and leave their voices. Dibu didn't set these prices.

Took another hard look at Galatasaray vs. Young Boys second leg, and I think YB's current bottom of the table status in the Super League is deceptive (it's only five games in and they have two draws) -- and it surely doesn't mean they're going to be push overs for Villa come Sept. 17 in Bern.

YBoys are ferociously competitive on the pitch, it seems to me. Aggressive and precise and big. I'm glad we have Onana, because I think a key weakness in Galatasary was simply their lack of bulked-up players. I hope Diego is back, too, at least on the bench. We need some muscle. I remain convinced that this match is going to be more of a potential banana skin than Bayern. I know. I know. I just thing Bayern will be easier for us to read and understand.

Young Boys will certainly be trying to put us in our place quickly. To say they won't be intimidated is laughable. We mustn't be either. In fact, we may be able to use their cockiness against them. They seem adventurous and persistent up front and seemed amazingly adept at making forwards with miles of space suddenly materialise on the edge of the box, as if they'd just emerged from intergalactic wormholes. They counter-attack very quickly. Cedric Itten and Silvére Ganvoula have a lot of goals in them. On defense, they have an excellent young keeper playing, unless I was mistaken. Some great stops.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

And all these will be crying next summer when we have to sell 1 of our best players cos' of PSR. 

As if the extra 2m gouged from the fans will make the slightest difference to who we have to sell or not. We’ll probably have made that back in additional prize money if  the club had kept ticket pricing sensible and had a fully aligned Villa park rocking to the rafters. 

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Me after moaning how bad a decision it is and they don't care and yet I snapped up my tickets for Bayern earlier today and will do so again for the others...

OBaiLUC.png

Just be glad you're not a Swiftie. You want to see some ticket prices ... for the Miami show in October.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 10.17.58 PM.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

3rd Round European Cup from 1982-83 at Villa Park as cup holders. We lost, of course. Only £4.50 (about £20 today) 🤣. Still, perhaps misleading to talk about the good ole days without acknowledging that terracing (still banned for UEFA) nurtured a more economically diverse fan base. Taking away terracing makes it harder to do that, don't it?

spacer.png

It might have been the good ole days, but in no way is that ticket "on brand". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Young boys aren't competing with 8 of the top 20 teams on the Deloitte money league 

I'm surprised, I had heard that:  Wham! - Young Guns (Go for It!) (Official Visualiser) :D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I've bought the pro home kit, the fan away, the black GK kit. All with club print and UCL badges.

I don't attend games, I'm too far away. I've done my part to pick up the financial cost. Oh, I'm also a claret member: I'd pay for more than that to support the club.

Villa is my club, but it isn't mine: that belongs to the locals who grew up there.

There has to be a balance of how the club can meet all of our ambitions. I'm happy to pay more for my membership, the club needs to explore this. To be honest, its gameday product (other than the game itself) is sorely lacking and needs real attention. People aren't going to pay 100 pounds to stand in piss. You can get $150 for a game ticket in the US for a lot of matches, even playoff matches (which this would be akin to) but you need to have your basics sorted.

Vile have no locals mate, all vile born in and live in the shires. Town only has people who support the club that carries the city name

If you ever visit the UK to go vile, you not allowed to drink in town just so you are aware Mate

KRO

SOTV

Mate

1 minute ago, hansardtony said:

Any other season ticket holders finding “no seats assigned” when trying to buy Munich tickets.

Yes, I had to go through the link in the email for some reason. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Thanks 1

On 06/09/2024 at 23:36, smg said:

Not for me, I’ve woken up today realising it’s less then ten days until I see Villa lining up with the Champions league music blasting out.

• Like 4

On 06/09/2024 at 21:16, UpTheVilla26 said:

And all these will be crying next summer when we have to sell 1 of our best players cos' of PSR. 

Overcharging our fans wont be the reason to sell a player for PSR reasons

• Like 2

On 07/09/2024 at 12:03, markavfc40 said:

Yes, I had to go through the link in the email for some reason. 

I haven't even had an e mail 

Edited by Hev