Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

I am pretty sure i ticked the box too but nothing yet. However my friend has had payment taken and been sent e ticket but it says the game is Sunday 29 September - wheras it should be Wed 2 Oct. So not sure what's going on there.  Oh well i guess i have until 5pm on Monday to claim my seat if nothing comes before then. 🙄

If you ticked the box the payments will be taken. That was the point of it right ?

Or are people saying they didn't tick the box or tried to get it removed and they've still taken payments?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Anyone else had email confirmation off Villa today saying thank you for your payment of £158? 

Doesn't say what for and can't remember if I ticked the box for Champions League tickets when renewed the ST

Did you tick the box to ask for a 6-minute piss foot spa? Might be that

• Haha 1

Just now, Rob182 said:

Did you tick the box to ask for a 6-minute piss foot spa? Might be that

That's down in the gutter that is

Probably where the piss should be

I'm all for these price rises. It's better for international fans like myself because when the tickets cost so much that the regulars can't afford to go, I'll be able to get a seat for the Bayern match. Of course I can't really afford it either, but compared to the total cost of the trip - flights maybe a hotel, 3-4 days of food and booze - the ticket price is insignificant really. Should've raised more if anything. Good job!

sock cooker.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Did I say weighted average? 

Average and Weighted average are two different calculations. 

Factual fact because I said average and calculated it. 

Average of all tickets sold to ST holders then.

When you use the word average, you don't ignore the volume of each category that your averaging.

You sell 1 ticket for £1 and 100 tickets for £100 . Oh well the average ticket price is £50.50 by your metric.  Except its not.  It's £99.

You used a very selective stat that suited your argument, which is in anyway flawed because it ignored non-ST holders. 

The fan advisory board didn't request them to cap "only" ST-holders prices to that amount, which they didn't do anyway. Why are you so insistent on defending something that the club ignored the fan advisory board over?

Edited by MrBlack
Adding an example to try and push the point home...
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Did I say weighted average? 

Average and Weighted average are two different calculations. 

Factual fact because I said average and calculated it. 

If you’re going to say factual fact then why not specify which “average” you’ve used. Mean, median and mode are the most common, particularly the former.

I think you’ve found the median price of the various categories, but that is not the median ticket price. The median ticket price takes the sum of each ticket price and divides by the number of tickets to find the average. That’s not a weighted average, it’s just the median (commonly “average”) ticket price.

• Thanks 1

I know I signed up for the auto thing and so I’ve got my email thanking me for bending over. I can’t really complain about that.

The email could be better though, doesn’t it usually say your seat number, confirm the fixtures, maybe have details about where your ticket is (digital etc)?

This just says “thank you for your payment” and then a figure close to my monthly wage.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I know I signed up for the auto thing and so I’ve got my email thanking me for bending over. I can’t really complain about that.

The email could be better though, doesn’t it usually say your seat number, confirm the fixtures, maybe have details about where your ticket is (digital etc)?

This just says “thank you for your payment” and then a figure close to my monthly wage.

What more do you want, at least it says thank you 🤣

• Haha 1

Interesting comparisons.

In 2024 pounds, this 2012 fixture would cost about £45. Not exactly apples to apples with respect to the CL, but illuminating nonetheless.

spacer.png

In 2024 pounds, this 2001 England vs Spain international at Villa Park would cost about £70.

spacer.png

And a 1981 League Cup final at VP, in the terraces. That's £12 in 2024.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2