Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

1 hour ago, TDR V2 said:

Man U goes on sale to members on Monday too, that's another Cat A game I imagine.

Would be £219 for both next week, will be a shame to miss us beating that lot

Will be more Man United fans aka Tourists buying them tickets than Villa fans. Membership sales through the roof I bet. 

Edited by Pongo Waring

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Forget how ridiculous it is to even have the gall to ask the club to charge the same for a game in CL as they would for Wolves or Chelsea or whatever.

Okay then let's go back to the ridiculous prices they're charging to see us play against midtable PL teams Wolves and Chelsea then go from there.

Edited by fightoffyour

38 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

So midtable shite teams are Cat A now, too? This is getting ridiculous.

Even Wolves are Cat A. They have 8 Cat A and 11 Cat B matches per season.

I have a feeling even Leicester were Cat A a couple of seasons ago.

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

It’s been quite a sad 24 hours as a fan of over 30 years, but I’m trying to have some perspective. 

1) I don’t blame Heck as an individual. The guy is doing his job, which seems to be maximising revenue and minimising cost (outside of team affairs), and he seems to be doing pretty good job of that. The way things are going, it doesn’t appear that a major part of his remit (or any part of it) is to keep the fan base happy. If it wasn’t Heck doing this, it would be someone else, he’s just the guy the owners have out in front of them to be the face of these decisions and shield them from the criticism. If there is no u-turn on these prices, which there won’t be, and if we continue to make decisions like this, then is it not fair to say the owners are happy with Heck and are therefore more at fault than Heck (or the person in his role)?

2) If it isn’t part of Heck’s remit to keep the fan base happy off the pitch, I wonder who is responsible for that?

3) Outside of Villa, and maybe even outside of forums like this, I don’t think many people know who Chris Heck is. The pricing decision is viewed to have been taken by “the club”, rather than an individual. It’s bad PR for the club generally, rather than any specific individuals. But it is being sensationalised a bit.

4) I disagree with those who say that these prices increases aren’t necessary. If it wasn’t necessary, I don’t think it would have been done. As a club we have an issue - the proposed changes to PSR focus on wage/turnover ratio, of which I believe Villa’s is something like 89%, possibly the highest in Europe. I believe it will need to be less than 70% in due course. While these price increases aren’t a huge amount on the bottom line, I think we are in a situation where we need every little bit to add up to comply in the next 2-3 years.

5) This has affected me personally as I was planning to attend all 4 games, but it’s now likely I will only attend 2 as I can’t justify the cost on top of a season ticket, especially if we qualify and have at least one more home game. Disappointing but I do understand it.

I do, he has form for this.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

What about same price for both ST holders and normal fans who can’t get a season ticket. 

this is all they had to do. i don't think there would've been a huge uproar if it was the ST price across the board. £70 was around what i was expecting to pay

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is all they had to do. i don't think there would've been a huge uproar if it was the ST price across the board. £70 was around what i was expecting to pay

Given most of the fans who complaining including me are ST holders I don’t think this is true. £79 is a silly price for season ticket holders (and non-ST).  Based on the other north clubs I was hoping for £200 four match bundle, expecting £60 per match….fearing anything starting with a 7 number.  Given I pay through my season ticket £43 per match, I can’t see how anything close to £79 is acceptable.

Edited by nick76

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given most of the fans who complaining including me are ST holders I don’t think this is true. £79 is a silly price for season ticket holders (and non-ST).  Based on the other north clubs I was hoping for £200 four match bundle, expecting £60 per match….fearing anything starting with a 7 number.  Given I pay through my season ticket £43 per match, I can’t see how anything close to £79 is acceptable.

but it was confirmed a while ago that they would 1) be more expensive than category A and 2) that there would be no bundles

maybe we should've kicked up more of a fuss when they announced the match day pricing rather than all 30,000 of us collectively shrugging our shoulders and saying "meh, not our problem"

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

but it was confirmed a while ago that they would 1) be more expensive than category A and 2) that there would be no bundles

maybe we should've kicked up more of a fuss when they announced the match day pricing rather than all 30,000 of us collectively shrugging our shoulders and saying "meh, not our problem"

People want to go but some can't afford it a bundle that you can spread the cost would have been an option for plenty of fans.

You are talking half a season ticket price in some cases for just 4 games.

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but it was confirmed a while ago that they would 1) be more expensive than category A

Sorry I hadn’t heard that but still doesn’t excuse the price

11 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I never look at single match pricing as I just pay my season ticket annually so it’s not a meh, it’s I didn’t know because I never need that information.

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

You are talking half a season ticket price in some cases for just 4 games.

This is the issue

• Like 1

It's giving me a headache now, I'll just have to adjust my ticket buying strategy.

Change from planning to go to every game with the lad to going to 4 UCL games instead.

I have a few days to decide if I really wanna spend £219 next week on football.

If what they want is 40k different people attending every game and buying shit when they're there then they might get their wish

3 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

It's giving me a headache now, I'll just have to adjust my ticket buying strategy.

Change from planning to go to every game with the lad to going to 4 UCL games instead.

I have a few days to decide if I really wanna spend £219 next week on football.

If what they want is 40k different people attending every game and buying shit when they're there then they might get their wish

I've decided I'll probably go to one or two games and then wait for knock outs.  I don't mind watching games on TV.

I'm fortunate to have a season ticket so going to Cat A games doesn't feel as bad but if I had to shell out over £70 to watch Wolves I don't think I would bother. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Even better if they all fly in for one game a season and buy the kit, or maybe just once in a lifetime and get a GA+ offering or proper hospitality along with bundles of merch.

How sustainable that will be to keep a rotation of 1 million unique visitors per season will be is another question though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've decided I'll probably go to one or two games and then wait for knock outs.  I don't mind watching games on TV.

Imagine them knockout prices could be triple figures😳

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Even better if they all fly in for one game a season and buy the kit, or maybe just once in a lifetime and get a GA+ offering or proper hospitality along with bundles of merch.

How sustainable that will be to keep a rotation of 1 million unique visitors per season will be is another question though.

This was the risk when Heck ditched stadium expansion. If more capacity is no longer the strategy then they have to squeeze what's there like a wet towel.  It's why I hate the last 12 months off the pitch.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

They won't. They actually rely on the STH being loyal. They might have x amount on the waiting list but if all these fans are ready to come at a moments notice then why are there always GA tickets still available outside the CAT A games. The reality is we have not been successful enough to start attracting tourist fans on masse

There is a price limit that people will not go over or be able to justify attending football matches and the way the club are moving they'll find out to their cost sooner or later. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Imagine them knockout prices could be triple figures😳

especially if we boycott the food and drink for CL match days.

can just imagine heck saying "serves you all right for not buying a pie and a pint sock cookers!"

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm fortunate to have a season ticket so going to Cat A games doesn't feel as bad but if I had to shell out over £70 to watch Wolves I don't think I would bother. 

You probably won’t get a knockout ticket if you haven’t been to the first round games

31 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

This was the risk when Heck ditched stadium expansion. If more capacity is no longer the strategy then they have to squeeze what's there like a wet towel.  It's why I hate the last 12 months off the pitch.

Didn't they ditch it because we had good chance of CL and expansion would've limited returns

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't they ditch it because we had good chance of CL and expansion would've limited returns

What other club would do that? We ourselves built 3 new stands in the 90s while we were regularly competing for trophies and managed 3 top 4 finishes.

It was B.S. if they decided we had to rebuild the whole stadium they wouldn't find an alternative venue with ad many seats as a Villa Park of 3 stands.