Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So you deliberately hid the 1888 season ticket price in the body of your message because it was cheaper and didn't fit what you had said. 

It is a factual fact that the average of the 4 tiers 1888 to zone 3 is identical in Category A and CL for season ticket holders.

1888 get it £10 cheaper, Zone 1 is £1 more expensive, zone 2 is £6.50 more expensive and zone 3 is £2.50 more expensive. The average there is zero. 

The vast majority of people going to the game are season ticket holders and in those 4 tiers. They have absolutely no gripe at all here when it was asked that prices be kept at Category A prices. The club has essentially done that for the season ticket holders, with the exception of zone 4. 

A factual fact

When you cut through the all the complaining and the media bullshit and you look at what loyal season ticket holders are paying vs what they asked the club to charge  they are paying less in case of 1888 a massive £1 more in case on zone 1, £6.50 in case of zone 2, £2.50 in the case of zone there and £15 in case of zone 4. 

If anything proves that there are a section of fans who will always always complain about ticket prices permanently even when there is no real basis to their argument when scrutinised, this is all the evidence you need. 

Forget how ridiculous it is to even have the gall to ask the club to charge the same for a game in CL as they would for Wolves or Chelsea or whatever. 

Champions League ticket details | Aston Villa (avfc.co.uk)

Ticketing details for 2024/25 | Aston Villa (avfc.co.uk)

Aston Villa Supporters' Trust (AVST) said it met with the club towards the end of the last season to discuss potential Champions League ticket prices.

AVST said it "made clear pricing should be no higher than that of a Category A game" if Villa qualified, which they did by finishing fourth in the Premier League.

Aston Villa: Champions League ticket prices called 'out of touch' by supporters group - BBC Sport

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

A factual fact

Yes, I use the phrase when it's an indisputable fact which can be shown as 100% correct. I actually got it from a horse racing podcast, was a funny term but when used right hits the point. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The highest level of football is no longer for the working class fan. There's way too much money involved.  It stinks but it's the reality. 

It doesn't have to be the reality.

There's means and ways to protest this decision and hit back where it hurts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TDR V2 said:

Can we stop quoting the STH price as the actual price please, non STHs exist and their price is NOT comparable to Cat A

It's the most blatant head-in-the-sand BS you'll ever see.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

When you cut through the all the complaining and the media bullshit and you look at what loyal season ticket holders are paying vs what they asked the club to charge  they are paying less in case of 1888 a massive £1 more in case on zone 1, £6.50 in case of zone 2, £2.50 in the case of zone there and £15 in case of zone 4. 

If anything proves that there are a section of fans who will always always complain about ticket prices permanently even when there is no real basis to their argument when scrutinised, this is all the evidence you need. 

Forget how ridiculous it is to even have the gall to ask the club to charge the same for a game in CL as they would for Wolves or Chelsea or whatever. 

Champions League ticket details | Aston Villa (avfc.co.uk)

Ticketing details for 2024/25 | Aston Villa (avfc.co.uk)

What if we aren’t talking about season ticket holders but those 30,000 people on the waiting list who have to buy tickets individually for each match.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes, I use the phrase when it's an indisputable fact which can be shown as 100% correct. I actually got it from a horse racing podcast, was a funny term but when used right hits the point. 

Better phrase right there mate! 

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

what they asked the club to charge 

No, some at the FAB ask for that and not all ‘loyal’ season ticket holders as you put it plus they said as a maximum.  

My zone 2 ticket is £6.50 more, that’s close to 10% more than the max price of £72.50  and when you consider through my season ticket I pay £43 per game, that £79 is almost double.  That’s not reasonable!

Then non season ticket holders are paying £97 per ticket which isn’t comparable so season ticket holders aren’t paying comparable prices to their season ticket price and individual ticket fans aren’t  paying close to what they normally pay and that’s also fact!

So we can all position the argument with facts that suit our argument but we should all be able to agree that £79-£97 cost for a game is ridiculous especially when the away fans will be paying £57 and our fellow northern English clubs will be charging their fans much much less than us.  It’s embarrassing!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

What if we aren’t talking about season ticket holders but those 30,000 people on the waiting list who have to buy tickets individually for each match.

No, they’re all the same price as normal tickets except the ones that aren’t that are more expensive which is all of them, so there’s nothing to see here, right. 

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

And Guardian, earlier, BBC earlier and other outlets.

Heck the branding guru my arse.

Well he has got us a ton of media attention today 😛 

• Haha 1

I don’t want to turn my backs on the players and I’m not sure they will get everyone to boycott the concourses definitely. They would be better to boycott the concourses for one particular game to make a statement but I appreciate they’re trying to do something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t want to turn my backs on the players and I’m not sure they will get everyone to boycott the concourses definitely. They would be better to boycott the concourses for one particular game to make a statement but I appreciate they’re trying to do something. 

boycotting food and beverage does **** all anyway. it's all run by a 3rd party catering company for which villa take a % of sales. it really wouldn't hurt villa much

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Your factual fact is wrong anyway. The weighted average of the number of season ticket holders in each of those categories means the average is actually higher. There are far fewer 1888 ST holders than the other three groups combined.

And of course theres none ST holders to consider.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colin79 said:

Exactly. Having read some of your posts Mark I think we are a similar age, and have been supporters for a similar amount of time. 

This whole period of success is basically 18 months of Unai Emery. Prior to that, the whole of the Upper Trinity was closed for all but a handful of games during our time in the Championship. I honestly think that the size of our match going fanbase is greatly overestimated by the club. 

Of course people that can afford it would happily spend a kings ransom to watch us play Bayern, and the club are evidently filling their boots. But as I said above, should we ever drop back down the table the club may well have lost many of us that have been sat in a half empty stadium watching Henry Lansbury and Rotherham. 

I'm 50 mate and have been a season ticket holder since 1988. There have been a few false dawns over that time and huge drop offs. 

I think some at the club would do well to remember it is only 5 years since we got out of the Championship. We then,understandably, had a season of real struggle, half of which fans didn't see due to covid. That was followed by a season of finishing mid table with again no fans due to covid. Then 18 months of struggle under Gerrard before 18 months of remarkable progress under Emery. Basically in the 5 years back in the Premier League we have had two and half years of real struggle, one of finishing mid table and 18 months of rapid progress. 

We've had no more than a sniff of relative success (relative to the dozen years that preceded it) and have barely had time to breath it in before the club started to increase prices massively. There is no guarantee we can sustain this recent rise and that there won't again be a drop off, just as there has been on numerous occasions over the 40 odd years I have been following us. If there is the club, and it may well be different people at the club by then, will be doing all they can to entice fans back they are now pricing out.

• Like 4