Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like they've changed it back - it's a f***ing shambles.

We're the best organised team in the league and the worst organised club.

Pretty much. This club is in for a shock once Emery isn't in charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Is there even a Under 18 category usually? My child has an under 14 ST.

Might have been a typo yesterday!

Yep, U14, U18 and U21.

It seems it was an error today (or they've thought better of it) as it's now gone back to saying U18 on the website.

A decent, professional organisation makes very sure it knows what it's doing with a price announcement that it's being slaughtered in the national press over at the moment it releases it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

image.png

Another one for the FAB.

I think it's intentional. The plan to go from U18 to U14. One day later.

Edit: Nope, they're just wallies.

Edited by Tomaszk

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Zone 1 Cat A £78.00 -  CL £94.00 (£79.00)

Zone 2 Cat A £72.50 - CL £94.00 (£79.00)

Zone 3 Cat A £67.50 - CL £85.00 (£70.00)

Zone 4 Cat A £55.00 - CL £85.00 (£70.00)

And that's if you ignore the difference between the price a season ticket holder actually pays and the actual price of a Cat A ticket.

For an 1888 season ticket holder, the price is cheaper than a Cat A, at a bargain £82.00 - however, even when you look at that exception in terms of the real difference, an 1882 season ticket holder pays £944 for 19 games, or £49.68 per game - so the real actual uplift in price, even for the only area where the Cat A goes in your favour is actually £32.00.

A zone 4 season ticket holder pays £640.00 per season, £33.68 per game - for them, this isn't £15.00, it's an increase of more than 100% on the usual price they pay for a game.

I said earlier on. If we do well in this competition you'll effectively buy two season tickets this season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I said earlier on. If we do well in this competition you'll effectively buy two season tickets this season.

Yep, and that’s on top of the fact that the ST’s themselves have increased drastically over the last couple of seasons. 

Many of us have spent years taking the piss out of City for not selling out CL games, I’m beginning to now understand why. And theirs are bloody cheaper. 

Edited by Colin79
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling this was a reaction to governmental pressure - stop it or we'll put in oversight, that sort of thing.

You can't trust the foxes with the health of the chickens even if the farmer is a messed up drunk who loves a nugget.

The PL did it because of fan pressure and UEFA didn’t do it because of our government, for sure. Dunno why they did it, but it’s a good thing. Probably PR or avoidance of bad PR at least. Villa should take heed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Tickets are now non-refundable. This wasn't the case for European games last year.

Link

Access to Refunds

We will refund the cost of home match tickets (not booking fees) if the Ticket Office is notified no later than 24 hours prior to kick-off .

Another blunder?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

They've changed the criteria 

If you're between 14 and 18, your ticket just tripled in price.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 17.18.11.png

There have been a few wondering if they'd react to the uproar by reducing prices.

They've increased the price from yesterday.

Unbelievable.

Just supply and demand this is, absolutely nothing the club could've done differently 

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As expected. Just a one match criteria. Nonsense. 

Some of us went to 7 😂

Same here bud x2, and 19 league games x 2 and FA Cup... gonna be carnage on Tuesday morning 

• Like 1

It’s been quite a sad 24 hours as a fan of over 30 years, but I’m trying to have some perspective. 

1) I don’t blame Heck as an individual. The guy is doing his job, which seems to be maximising revenue and minimising cost (outside of team affairs), and he seems to be doing pretty good job of that. The way things are going, it doesn’t appear that a major part of his remit (or any part of it) is to keep the fan base happy. If it wasn’t Heck doing this, it would be someone else, he’s just the guy the owners have out in front of them to be the face of these decisions and shield them from the criticism. If there is no u-turn on these prices, which there won’t be, and if we continue to make decisions like this, then is it not fair to say the owners are happy with Heck and are therefore more at fault than Heck (or the person in his role)?

2) If it isn’t part of Heck’s remit to keep the fan base happy off the pitch, I wonder who is responsible for that?

3) Outside of Villa, and maybe even outside of forums like this, I don’t think many people know who Chris Heck is. The pricing decision is viewed to have been taken by “the club”, rather than an individual. It’s bad PR for the club generally, rather than any specific individuals. But it is being sensationalised a bit.

4) I disagree with those who say that these prices increases aren’t necessary. If it wasn’t necessary, I don’t think it would have been done. As a club we have an issue - the proposed changes to PSR focus on wage/turnover ratio, of which I believe Villa’s is something like 89%, possibly the highest in Europe. I believe it will need to be less than 70% in due course. While these price increases aren’t a huge amount on the bottom line, I think we are in a situation where we need every little bit to add up to comply in the next 2-3 years.

5) This has affected me personally as I was planning to attend all 4 games, but it’s now likely I will only attend 2 as I can’t justify the cost on top of a season ticket, especially if we qualify and have at least one more home game. Disappointing but I do understand it.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1