Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

On an only slightly unrelated note, given that we know the price already (36 francs apparently), I wonder when we'll be releasing the away tickets for the game in Bern, 900 odd miles away, in less than two weeks time? It's one where the sales criteria are going to be very closely watched I think.

5 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

The other things about tickets to your favorite band/Comedian/resturant etc is that these events are a once or twice a year thing, they aren’t a annual subscription or 3/4 times per months.

The average Villa fan wont attend a single game all season. So for most it isnt even a once or twice a year thing so that point isnt a good one.

• Confused 3

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Shit eating grin on this word removed.

Yep..... Unlike those that have munched on his bollocks over a few deals that potentially could have been made by anyone after our upturn in form since Unai arrived, I actually think he's a smarmy scumbag.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The average Villa fan wont attend a single game all season. So for most it isnt even a once or twice a year thing so that point isnt a good one.

Eh? Even the average Villa fan attends a couple of games a season and many all home games a season.  We are still a way off a global fan base like Man U and Liverpool.  The average Villa fan….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No, that’s exactly the point, because I was responding to your specific comparison to Taylor Swift. 

If you don’t attend any games the price of a ticket is irrelevant. Those that attend once or twice a year are probably also happy to pay these prices as a “treat” (like your Taylor Swift) 

But for those of us that already spend a fortune going to every game, these prices are a kick in the bollocks. 

Edited by Colin79

Just now, nick76 said:

Eh? Even the average Villa fan attends a couple of games a season and many all home games a season.  We are still a way off a global fan base like Man U and Liverpool.  The average Villa fan….

That just isn't true. I don't know how many Villa fans are in UK right now but the vast majority will not attend a game this season. This isn't in any way some kind of dig. It's the same for all clubs. There are far more fans than attendees.

If you include our global fanbase then obviously that percentage is even lower.

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The average international music superstar doesn't play your local venue 25 times a year.

Is that one allowed?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Im not going to hammer people for wanting to go to see Villa, Ill always cherish my dad taking me to games and getting me and my brother a kit every so often from the shop, thats not happening when its a £500 day out for the same thing. 

Its a community and tradionally a work class event, not any more it seems. 

This is exactly it. The highest level of football is no longer for the working class fan. There's way too much money involved.  It stinks but it's the reality. 

But as I said on another thread there's many clubs that actually need every penny they can get just to survive.   You won't get to see the best players or hear champions league music but it can still be a great day out.

21 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wonder if all this internet outrage will mean that season ticket holders won't purchase the tickets and more tickets will go to general sale? Be interesting to see what happens, maybe a add a questionnaire to the thread and see who's gonna go and who ain't.

I’ve been wondering the same, as if perversely this is better for those of us who casually attend matches. The chances of people paying for all four home games are definitely reduced which should/may mean tickets are available to a broader range of folks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That just isn't true. I don't know how many Villa fans are in UK right now but the vast majority will not attend a game this season. This isn't in any way some kind of dig. It's the same for all clubs. There are far more fans than attendees.

If you include our global fanbase then obviously that percentage is even lower.

What is an average Villa fan then?  Somebody who just affiliates with Villa but couldn’t tell you who they are playing next or even name most of the players or somebody that watches the Villa game by going or streaming?  I suppose if you include the former then I guess you are right but if you don’t then I disagree with you.  I have family that would say they are Villa fans but more because of association and because that who our family support but I bet they don’t know who manages us at the moment, I wouldn’t include them in this discussion of average Villa fan.  Most British based ‘fans’ for Villa try to get to one or two games a season I’m guessing.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve been wondering the same, as if perversely this is better for those of us who casually attend matches. The chances of people paying for all four home games are definitely reduced which should/may mean tickets are available to a broader range of folks.

If it happens, it will do...

...which in turn will make for a worse atmosphere IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What is an average Villa fan then?  Somebody who just affiliates with Villa but couldn’t tell you who they are playing next or even name most of the players or somebody that watches the Villa game by going or streaming?  I suppose if you include the former then I guess you are right but if you don’t then I disagree with you.  I have family that would say they are Villa fans but more because of association and because that who our family support but I bet they don’t know who manages us at the moment, I wouldn’t include them in this discussion of average Villa fan.  Most British based ‘fans’ for Villa try to get to one or two games a season I’m guessing.

Nah I wouldn't say this is true. There are many Villa fans that follow the club but don't go to games at all for whatever reasons. We may be miles off the likes of United and Liverpool in terms of fanbase but there's still a massive following.

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lots of people won’t. They’ll be priced out by the prices because the club have taken advantage of them. Some people who have waited 30-40 years to see this won’t be able to go because they literally cannot afford it. A football match

That’s not right and supply and demand isn’t an excuse

You have to accept though that the vast majority of people going to the games will be season ticket holders. The fan groups asked the club to price the CL games the same level a Category A games. The club have essentially done that for the season ticket holders.

So the vast majority of people going to the games have got exactly what they requested. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You have to accept though that the vast majority of people going to the games will be season ticket holders. The fan groups asked the club to price the CL games the same level a Category A games. The club have essentially done that for the season ticket holders.

So the vast majority of people going to the games have got exactly what they requested. 

@OutByEaster? who attends these consultations has already responded to you with this, it’s incorrect. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

No it isn't.

All of the season ticket prices are above the Cat A price, some not by much, some only by a pound, but they all are - and for non-season ticket holders, they're well above it.

The crux of all this is that ticket prices for football are becoming ridiculous and that the club are using fan loyalty to price gouge.

It's precisely why we need governmental oversight, I think it's probably also true that season ticket holders, myself included, have failed to appreciate just how appalling the price for Cat A Premier league games at Villa Park really is.

So, ST holders, then members who went to a single European game last season.

It feels like there should be something in between those two things.

There will be members that went to twenty games last season and those that just went to Hibs because their grandad was from Edinburgh.

• Thanks 1