Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

25 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The point is that they have ridiculously increased the price of all tickets in the last two years consecutively and then lumped another huge premium on top. All for the privilege of walking around in a hundred other blokes piss. 

The only other business that takes the piss out of their customers as much as the Villa are basically drug dealers. 

Feels like a premium price should buy a premium experience, and this is not what fans are getting at the moment. I rarely get to games (hoping to get to a couple this season), but certainly the last time I went the general state of organisation, drinks etc was really poor and from the sound of things is if anything worse.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Liverpool could charge £200 a ticket and they’d sell out. Why don’t they?

Because the negative PR would outweigh the financial gain. Something the Villa top brass are probably debating as we speak.

That's what ticket pricing is basically about. Charging the most they can without pissing too many fans off so it becomes a story. I don't like it any more than you but it is the way it is.

Just for those non STHs

Me and my 11 Yr old 

4 x Cat B Zone 2 = £262

4 x Cat A Zone 2 = £378

4 x UCL Zone 2 = £496

So between Cat B and UCL that's a 90% increase, feck me that's summat to not get annoyed about. And do not hit me with the "you don't have to go" shite 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There will be thousands of fans who have been going to VP for the last 20+ years, through loads of shit and very little shine, seen us win the grand total of f all, seen us relegated on 17 points and spent a pretty penny buying tickets to often be surrounded by thousands of empty seats and going to many matches where you'd have done well to give your ticket away. Their reward for all that is either having been already priced out or on the verge of being. That disregard for supporters shouldn't be a price any fan should be willing to see paid for success. 

Exactly. Having read some of your posts Mark I think we are a similar age, and have been supporters for a similar amount of time. 

This whole period of success is basically 18 months of Unai Emery. Prior to that, the whole of the Upper Trinity was closed for all but a handful of games during our time in the Championship. I honestly think that the size of our match going fanbase is greatly overestimated by the club. 

Of course people that can afford it would happily spend a kings ransom to watch us play Bayern, and the club are evidently filling their boots. But as I said above, should we ever drop back down the table the club may well have lost many of us that have been sat in a half empty stadium watching Henry Lansbury and Rotherham. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Now you’re getting it Warren!

You can keep trying to patronise me all you like but I'm not one complaining or failing to understand anything.

Football clubs are greedy, cynical scumbags that exploit fans to make as much money as possible. In other news, water is wet. My surprise is that people are still surprised by this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I don't like it any more than you but it is the way it is.

Mmm. Seems like you do like it more to be honest.

You're explaining it and saying because of supply and demand it's OK?

It's not supply and demand. It's the club taking the piss. If we're going well, they would sell out £150 tickets.

They are not making money they need here. This is a drop in the ocean.

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

You can keep trying to patronise me all you like but I'm not one complaining or failing to understand anything.

Football clubs are greedy, cynical scumbags that exploit fans to make as much money as possible. In other news, water is wet. My surprise is that people are still surprised by this.

You’re the one continually trying to explain supply and demand like that guy in good will hunting 😂

People aren’t particularly surprised. That doesn’t make it ok. How are you failing to grasp this?

54 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Their fans are even more psychotically loyal than sports fans.

That’s not true, if those products were delivering crap week after week then those fans would move onto something else whereas our product ‘Villa’ we follow however many decades we are shit but currently the product is good so everybody wants it.  Loyal fans are there through thick and thin not just for the good times so I’d argue die hard sports fans are more psychotic because we do it week in and week out, it doesn’t matter how poor the product is. It’s just a shame we then get screwed when the good time is here.  I’m sure as with most things that go through cycles of popularity that when we go shit they will be craving for the die hards back.

39 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Yes because we're successful now. In the Championship the prices were lower and we couldn't fill Villa Park. It works both ways. Fans stay away when the team is shit (mostly). Everyone wants a piece when we're doing well or in this case, in a premium competition.

Read the room mate. Are you American by any chance? Everyone I can see defending the club is from a US background - as if the the bastardisation of attending US sports is some sort of aspirational journey that we are lucky to be on. 

I strongly suggest you go and set up a new boot licking thread where the like minded can praise the business for their deep business acumen in gouging their customers at gun point. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Interesting that Heck got let go from the Bulls for disconnect with the fan base. Is the same thing now happening here. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1f0871e5767e39c9b1665d9152df6ba1.jpeg

Yep

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s not true, if those products were delivering crap week after week then those fans would move onto something else whereas our product ‘

Exactly. 

The other things about tickets to your favorite band/Comedian/resturant etc is that these events are a once or twice a year thing, they aren’t a annual subscription or 3/4 times per months. 

And as you say, those going to watch Taylor Swift know exactly what they are going to get. I might pay £80 for a Bayern ticket and watch us lose 8-0. 

The comparison is quite frankly daft. 

Edited by Colin79
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Read the room mate.

I can read the room all too well. Does anyone give a shit that we go on money making tours around the world? We always talk about how we can sell shirts and maximise profit overseas. I dont see us doing tours Africa where the Premier League is hugely popular. We just go where the money is.

No-one has a problem with us doing that do they?

I attend Ireland home matches. For the games where they have sold very few tickets, the FA give away tickets to youth teams and so a large portion of the crowd are kids. And you can hear it. The crowd sounds are like at a women's basketball game. Cheering, high pitched chants that fall to pieces after one line.

The difference between £60 a ticket and £90 a ticket to the club is minimal, but to fans who don't have that money, it's huge. I could afford to go to one champions league match with my father. But if you fill the stadium with fans like me and my father, it'll sound like when the Ireland matches are played in front of the kids. The atmosphere will die, the product on TV will suffer and you alienate your hardcore fans. 

It's not just a matter of supply and demand. If you price out the hardcore fans, the overall product suffers.

• Like 3

Just now, R.Bear said:

I can read the room all too well. Does anyone give a shit that we go on money making tours around the world? We always talk about how we can sell shirts and maximise profit overseas. I dont see us doing tours Africa where the Premier League is hugely popular. We just go where the money is.

No-one has a problem with us doing that do they?

What utter gibberish is this? 

Wonder if all this internet outrage will mean that season ticket holders won't purchase the tickets and more tickets will go to general sale? Be interesting to see what happens, maybe a add a questionnaire to the thread and see who's gonna go and who ain't.

2 minutes ago, CPiP said:

Hi all,

Palace fan in peace. :)

In any other industry, if a price for a good/service is that high, you would go to a competitor to seek the same service. You just cannot do that for football, you can't just just say 'oh I'll go watch Birmingham instead!',

Great post mate. This paragraph in particular is why comparing football to any other business is quite frankly ridiculous.